Skip to main content

Lance Factory Tour and BBQ Rally

KOA Acton, CA

Lance Factory Tour and BBQ Rally

This event will include a Lance Factory Tour, cocktail happy hour, raffles, give aways and vendors on site to show us new products. Too much fun to be had by all. Lance will be debuting new products exclusively to us.

For all the details Click here:

https://community.lanceowners.org/top...d-bbq-2014-sep-25-28

Who Is Attending

Add Comment

Comments (195)

Newest · Oldest · Popular

Random piece of trivia as we pass through the bustling metropolis of Wasco on our way home.

One of Wasco's major economic activities is its agriculture, specifically the growing of roses. 55% of all roses grown in the United States are grown in or around Wasco.[12]

Originally Posted by Camelot:

Thank you to Eric for organizing this phenomenal event!  Randy and I enjoyed our time spent meeting everyone that attended. I'll keep this short and sweet for now...so for those that missed this event (we missed you, of course!),  I wanted to share some of the pictures that I took of the convoy - from the KOA to the "mothership".  Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing the awesome pics!

Thank you to Eric for organizing this phenomenal event!  Randy and I enjoyed our time spent meeting everyone that attended. I'll keep this short and sweet for now...so for those that missed this event (we missed you, of course!),  I wanted to share some of the pictures that I took of the convoy - from the KOA to the "mothership".  Enjoy!

Attachments

Images (5)
Last edited by Camelot

Such a great time!

Everyone, and I truly mean everyone, was as fabulous as you would expect.

I'll post all of my thoughts on that in the appropriate after-party thread when it shows itself.

However, I need to discuss trains, raccoons, coyotes, & lions.

Yep, you read that right - raccoons.  

So after 2 nights in a tent I actually got used to the continuous sounds of trains, coyotes, & lions, but this morning at 5:10 when I crawled out of my tent to start loading my car for the drive back home I came face-to-face with 2 very aggressive & curious raccoons not 3' away staring at me with their beady eyes.

The little bleep'ers would not move!  So after a few minutes I stepped out of the tent (in flip-flops no less!) & started taking the few items that I had in the tent over to the car.  Well they followed me to the car & back to the tent 3 times.  Remember, it's dark, I'm in shorts, flip-flops, & a tee-shirt.  Then while at the car where I'm changing to socks & shoes one of them decides he's going to go under the car towards me.  I jumped in the car & shut the door.  They wander off & I run back to the tent (Randy/R. Spikers) & zip it up so that they won't destroy it for Randy to find a few hours later when he wakes up, got in the car, & sadly left the campground where more LOA fun was surely had today.

And as a final salute, as I turned the car on to the main road out of the campground a lion's roar filled the air.

Yep, damn good time!  

And just so you don't think we were crazy thinking we heard trains, coyotes, & raccoons all night:

http://www.shambala.org/

This thread is tough on a phone.  A lot of scrolling.
Made it to Santa Nella. Had to copy Camelot's picture (thumbnail below).
2 "Stuff You Should Know" podcast's down on this trip so far.
I'm ready to converse on police interrogation & headstones.
Back on I-5 south now ...

Attachments

Images (1)
Originally Posted by EFerrier:

Some one PLEEEEZE take lots of pictures and post them. Some of us have to work and can't make it.  But we can live vicariously through your posts.

Cheers,

Ernie

I would do the same!

Serge and Kelly

Originally Posted by steve y:

just for last minute planning...

The BBQ is at the factory - right?

What time do you expect it to start, and what time to finish?

tks

steve

Yes food will be provided at the factory. Leave Campground at 1:00 pm and return approx 7-8 pm

Last edited by Eric Dye

Be Vewry vewry quiet, I'm hunting tigers!

Seriously, at night if you hear lions and Tigers roar, it's because Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve is right down the road.  She has a ton on Lions, Tigers and Ligers plus other animals.

Originally Posted by Zoe:

Any thoughts about taking Hwy 138 over to Acton. Last time, from Hwy 5, we dropped down to Santa Clarita and horseshoed our way back up to Acton. Google maps wants us to take Hwy 58 from 99 and make our way to Acton. No problem with that but it seems Hwy 138 might be more direct?

We are coming from the far east bay area ( Antioch) heading down I-5. according to google maps, the first choice is to stay on 5 and then east on 138.  The second google choice is to take 5 south to hwy 58 and then go east to hwy 14 and south on 14 to Acton.  The route via 138 is only 8 miles and 15 minutes shorter compared to the hwy 58 and 14 routing but the grade going up hwy 58 through tehachapi isn't as steep relative to the grapevine. 

The major freight train line between the central valley and los angeles parallels hwy 58 which tells you that it is an easier climb. 

Get yourself from Monterey to I-5 and take 5 to the hwy 58 turnoff.  Hwy 99 is old, bumpty, congested with ag traffic and it's probably harvest season.  The last time we headed to Lancaster/Acton, we went I-5 and 138 but this time we are taking the 58/14 route for a change of scenery. The grapevine can be a vehicle killer depending upon your rig and temperatures are projected to be in the lower 90's. See you at the rally.

I apologize if this has been discussed but I am making my meal plan and grocery list for the weekend and wondered if Saturday night will turn into a potluck.  

At the Solano rally I was so concerned with the potluck food that I didn't plan for our individual meals so this time, I want to plan ahead.  

Thanks and really looking forward to the weekend.  

Originally Posted by Rottie Lover:
Zoe has a reservation at the Canine Country Club while we tour the factory. Much too hot last time. Thanks for the info.

You're welcome. Please make sure you have your pets vaccination current and a copy of proof for the kennel. C Ya at the tour. 

Yep, picked up copy of proof of current vaccinations this morning from vet. Good reminder. We always keep a copy in glove compartment of vehicle but I had forgotten to get an updated copy when Zoe had a recent vaccination.

Any thoughts about taking Hwy 138 over to Acton. Last time, from Hwy 5, we dropped down to Santa Clarita and horseshoed our way back up to Acton. Google maps wants us to take Hwy 58 from 99 and make our way to Acton. No problem with that but it seems Hwy 138 might be more direct?

Zoe has a reservation at the Canine Country Club while we tour the factory. Much too hot last time. Thanks for the info.

You're welcome. Please make sure you have your pets vaccination current and a copy of proof for the kennel. C Ya at the tour. 

Looking forward to the rally, and seeing a caravan of Lances headed down I5 from northern California.  If anyone wants to caravan and meet up along the way, text us at 925-783-3099. Two more days of work until meeting new friends and seeing some old friends. 

Originally Posted by logboy33:
Originally Posted by Stephen85310:

Is someone making name badges.  I can remember maybe one new persons name a month so without name badges I'm in big trouble.

As Eric expressed some concern regarding privacy with pre-printed name tags, I scrapped that idea for now.  BUT, I did buy 100 Avery "Hello, My Name is:" stick-on things and a couple of Sharpies to bring along.  That way you can fill in the info you want.

I suggest your real name and an a.k.a. line for your screen name.  I'll make sure they get to the rally HQs, which will be Eric's rig in space 5.

You are going to need more than 100.   I will have some too.  Thanks Roger... cya in a couple of days.

Last edited by Eric Dye
Originally Posted by Cap:
Hey Eric,
We are down for 2 days on space 71 under Cap, my poor record keeping requires me to ask, are we showing up on Thursday for Thursday night and Friday night? Or are we to show up on Friday for Friday night and Saturday night?
Sorry to ask, neither one of us can remember...
Thanks,
Ed (aka Cap) and Terri (aka T.O.) Bruns

Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 21:06:07 -0700

It is for Thursday and Friday,  Show up on Thursday after noon.

Hey Eric,
We are down for 2 days on space 71 under Cap, my poor record keeping requires me to ask, are we showing up on Thursday for Thursday night and Friday night? Or are we to show up on Friday for Friday night and Saturday night?
Sorry to ask, neither one of us can remember...
Thanks,
Ed (aka Cap) and Terri (aka T.O.) Bruns

Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 21:06:07 -0700
Originally Posted by Stephen85310:

Is someone making name badges.  I can remember maybe one new persons name a month so without name badges I'm in big trouble.

As Eric expressed some concern regarding privacy with pre-printed name tags, I scrapped that idea for now.  BUT, I did buy 100 Avery "Hello, My Name is:" stick-on things and a couple of Sharpies to bring along.  That way you can fill in the info you want.

I suggest your real name and an a.k.a. line for your screen name.  I'll make sure they get to the rally HQs, which will be Eric's rig in space 5.

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024
Link copied to your clipboard.