Skip to main content

About an hour ago I posted to an old thread re restringing a shade.  Don't know why it was in FreeLoaders area, so I'm posting it here.

I used the United Shade kit for restringing today.  Worked great.  Comes with instructions but I watched the video step by step while I was restringing.  You must take the valance and shade down unless Lance has gone to a release on the top rail.  Our top rail was screwed into a wood cross piece that is part of the valance.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@TSR Campers posted:

About an hour ago I posted to an old thread re restringing a shade.  Don't know why it was in FreeLoaders area, so I'm posting it here.

I used the United Shade kit for restringing today.  Worked great.  Comes with instructions but I watched the video step by step while I was restringing.  You must take the valance and shade down unless Lance has gone to a release on the top rail.  Our top rail was screwed into a wood cross piece that is part of the valance.

I realize it's been a while since you posted this - but I'm wanting a bit more information.  Our pleated blinds are extremely hard to raise and lower so I'm doing some research for solutions.  Where did you see the video you mentioned?

Look up United Shade Kit video on restringing.   

I think your strings may be too tight.  Where the string comes down and attaches to each side of the side frame, the string wraps around a little splastic spool-like device.  You can unscrew the spool a bit, rotate spool a bit to loosen string, and then tighten the screw again.  Repeat on each side.  That may do the trick.

Add Reply

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024
Link copied to your clipboard.