Skip to main content

@VigII posted:

Did you find the bubble level setting in the app? I fooled it to interpret that the sensor was a close to level as I could.  That setting is what I attribute the accuracy at higher levels. I don't know the sensor's ultrasound cone angle is but setting a "level" baseline made a difference in my installation since my sensor is mounted on a sloped pat of the tank.

That’s what I did also.  I mounted the sensor then pushed up on the low edge of the tank right next to the sensor to get it level, then set it as level and let it go back to its normal position. I used a wooden rod on top of a hydraulic jack to push it up.  It didn’t take much, just a touch.

@VigII posted:

Did you find the bubble level setting in the app? I fooled it to interpret that the sensor was a close to level as I could.  That setting is what I attribute the accuracy at higher levels. I don't know the sensor's ultrasound cone angle is but setting a "level" baseline made a difference in my installation since my sensor is mounted on a sloped pat of the tank.

Yes I did find the bubble level. However, I did not try to adjust it. Since that helped your installation calibration, being on a slope tank wall, sounds like I should give that a try. Cheers!

Last edited by _Steve
@jarheade6 posted:

Hey guys reading this entire thread has me fired up. But… I am in a TC. As we all know the TC is only supported by the perimeter frame. I have already dropped the belly pan and reattached the silly water sensors that don’t work half the time. What is the total thickness of the sensor and hatch cover? This will determine if I can find a suitable spot between framing members. And are all you guys happy with it after a year of use?

Bob/Texas

I just received my second set of a Mopeka Pro Check Universal and 6" boat hatch for my gray tank and took the opportunity to take some measurements.  Here are all the dimensions you should need.  EDIT: The diameter of the cutout needed for the hatch is 6-3/8" diameter. As I noted above, the sensor and its housing sit within the ring of the boat hatch so it's really not an issue.IMG_2488IMG_2487IMG_2491IMG_2497IMG_2496

Attachments

Images (5)
  • IMG_2487
  • IMG_2488
  • IMG_2491
  • IMG_2497
  • IMG_2496
Last edited by PeterPam
@Brubie posted:

I plan to add another sensor to my gray tank, but due to travel this winter/spring, haven’t had the chance yet. Let us know how your install goes.

I've now installed the Mopeka Pro Check Universal sensor on my gray tank.  It went just like the installation on the fresh water tank.  I installed it in the same relative position. It's about 9" from the curb side of the tank and about 12" from the front edge of the tank to the center of the hatch which is approximately the center of the tank from front to rear.  I didn't encounter any obstructions nor did a I see anything in the void space between the belly pan and tank anywhere near the hole I cut for the hatch.  

To calibrate the tank size I added water to the gray tank though the shower drain with a hose and hose-end meter

I'm not posting any photos because they would be just like the one's previously posted by @VigII.

@PeterPam posted:

I just received my second set of a Mopeka Pro Check Universal and 6" post hatch for my gray tank and took the opportunity to take some measurements.  Here are all the dimensions you should need.  As I noted above, the sensor and its housing sit within the ring of the boat hatch so its really not an issue.IMG_2488IMG_2487IMG_2491IMG_2497IMG_2496

Excellent pics! 👍🏻

Add Reply

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024
Link copied to your clipboard.