Skip to main content

There I was, going along with naught a care in the world; then I read here on the LOA forum about something called a "Blackstone Griddle".

So now we have one.  17".  It seasoned up pretty well and I fixed bacon wrapped tenderloins and fried potatoes tonight.  I think it is going to work out well.

It appears it will fit nicely in the long slide out storage area, but I need something to put it in - particularly the griddle.  My instincts and innate parsimoniousness lean heavily toward a cardboard box and newspapers.  However, does anyone have any experience with the Blackstone storage bag? 

Last edited by Eric Dye
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

That is what I have for my 17” Griddle it is a nice heavy nylon case. Just clean the with some water (heat the griddle up some) and wipe clean with paper towels. Turn the griddle over and place back on top of base and put the cover over it. Then place in the bad and zip shut. I store mine in the front storage area under the bed.

I've had the same problem with my 17", and so I used a small propane bottle to compare against using the propane hookup on the side of my 2295. It seems to have a better flame from the bottle. Maybe the pressure from the trailer regulator isn't what it should be. I use a 36" Blackstone at home and love it. Great flame and heat.

@Derbin posted:

Wondering if anyone uses the griddle outside? The slightest breeze and it won't heat up. Any ideas for wind block? So far ours are terrible.  I have the 17" and the 22". Love it when the weather is perfect.

We recently purchased the 22" griddle and I've read that other people have the same problem with wind.  Just purchased a set of 4 wind screens (2 for rear and 1 for each side) from Amazon that work for the 17" and 22" griddle, which reportedly resolve the wind issue.  They just hang on the sides of the griddle plate, so no assembly required.

@BC23267 posted:

We recently purchased the 22" griddle and I've read that other people have the same problem with wind.  Just purchased a set of 4 wind screens (2 for rear and 1 for each side) from Amazon that work for the 17" and 22" griddle, which reportedly resolve the wind issue.  They just hang on the sides of the griddle plate, so no assembly required.

Just camped for two days at lake Woodward in CA.  Very windy there, but the 22" Blackstone griddle did a great job cooking during this trip with the 4 wind screens attached to the griddle plate.

I have the 22 inch Blackstone with the hard lid on a Blackstone stand.  Haven't experienced any problem with keeping it lit but it did take a few turns starting it.  I found a storage bag on Amazon that it fits perfectly inside and zips up nice and snug.  I store mine in the bed of the TV.  At home I purchased a storage  box that holds all our extra items, grill, stand, genny, genny box to open the TV bed up for daily use.  Easy enough to toss it back in before a trip.  The grill storage bag was by ABM COM and bought on Amazon.  $39.99.  Fits perfect.  They have bags to fit all sizes of Blackstones.

Add Reply

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2021
Link copied to your clipboard.