Skip to main content

Great success (and ease) adding after market Lippert Friction Hinge to our 1985 (model year 2019).    Great customer service, good instructions, and easy install.  I had to shorten some of the included self tapping screws but overall it was an easy install.  It is an add on and you don't have to replace hinges.  It works great.  Recommend it for anyone whose TT does not have friction hinges and would like them.  They work great!

Lippert friction door hinges

Note:  We removed the gas door strut prior to this and added a  metal door holder. 4

We did not like the strut and 90 degree limitation of the door open position (need to be aware and careful putting the awning in and out on the 1985).

But a much more satisfying and utilitarian option than before.

Attachments

Images (4)
  • 416BFBBC-5EAC-4D8C-9EE2-3D3167B24C56
  • 86DD4CDD-B99E-4FB3-B1BC-EDB17425DEA5
  • B856CE90-0B4B-432A-BC55-5E48B63CC012
  • FEF1B7BC-81EA-47CE-A7B3-FDD33012F185
Last edited by Eric Dye
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Mike,

I can’t be too specific because I don’t know.  When I drilled I didn’t hit anything that stopped me but when I fastened there were a few spots that the screws would not go all the way in...not everywhere but a few holes with some framing or barrier. .  So I cut those and all has held great and hinges work great.

Sumner

@diamonds posted:

Mike,

I can’t be too specific because I don’t know.  When I drilled I didn’t hit anything that stopped me but when I fastened there were a few spots that the screws would not go all the way in...not everywhere but a few holes with some framing or barrier. .  So I cut those and all has held great and hinges work great.

Sumner

Perfect - thanks!

Add Reply

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024
Link copied to your clipboard.