Skip to main content

Another vote for Renogy. I opted for their 200 watt Eclipse Solar Suitcase a few years back (on sale <$400), and it has worked well for us. Dry-camped 7 days in Yellowstone last year and never needed the gennie. Even being among the trees, with the 20 ft extension cables I was able to easily reposition it during the day to maximize "sun time." On a  downside, it is rather bulky and heavy (≈35#). It's on sale now ($320) like all their suitcase models.

Last edited by Eric Dye
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I tried the Renogy. Very well designed and with the semi rigid carry case it seems very durable to the normal bumps and scrapes. It also includes a PWM controller. Nice, but of no use in my system.

It was too large to stow conveniently  and very heavy. I returned it in favor of a lighter more compact 200Watt folding panel.

We have a 320 W solar array on the roof, but we added a 120 W portable panel to supplement harvest in the winter when the Sun is low, the “days are shorter”, and we use the furnace (electric fan) along with more lighting. It hangs on either the side or rear of our camper when parked.

HTH,    
Jim / crewzer

This past February in Florida:

IMG_8750

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_8750

Add Reply

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024
Link copied to your clipboard.