Skip to main content

Informal Lance Get Together at Woods Canyon Lake AZ "Aspen Campground" - June 2018

Woods Canyon Lake AZ - Aspen Campground

Woods Canyon Lake, AZ June 6-12

Jayne and I will be arriving at about 3-4pm on the 6th and will be at site #117.  If you have any questions please post it on the main discussion page for Current Rallies.  This is an "INFORMAL" Lance get together, no activities planned other than a nightly cocktail party for what ever beverage you like (BYOB)...  I'll have a ham radio set up and perches for hummingbird photography and other critters.  You are welcome to sit in or set up your camera along side mine and shoot away!!!

Rob

Who Is Attending

Add Comment

Comments (116)

Newest · Oldest · Popular

I arrived in Mesa a bit after 1pm.  When I hooked up to electricity, everything is working great - except the refrigerator.  I've run some checks with the help of Rick at Lance Service and it looks like I have a circuit board failure.  I phoned Tom's Camperland and they will not work on a unit that wasn't sold by them!  Bad on Tom's Camperland!!!!  And Camping World would have to order the part - a three week wait!  Looks like I'll be heading back to Yuma tomorrow morning.

If anybody wants to come up and needs a site, mine will be available for you.  Site 116 from Wednesday until Sunday.  Just let me know...

I am NOT a happy camper right now!!!!!!

Last edited by lewander
usmcshepherd posted:

Does anyone have an idea on what the temps have been like and/or are expected to be there? I noticed Payson was about 88 degrees the other day around 2pm which will be pretty toasty without air. Thoughts?

Tim, we Yu-MEN don't need to worry about warm temps like those pansies in Phoenix do!  We can wear shorts until it gets down to 45 degrees, and then maybe a hooded sweat shirt will keep us warm around the fire.   Ha-ha-ha!!!!!!!!!!      

MaricopaMike posted:

I just got off of the phone with the lady in charge of campgrounds on the rim . I was moving Sunday night over to Black Canyon rim campground for my wife to hopefully see the wild horse herd that lives near there . She called to let me know that its now closed and was able to get me into another campground for Sunday . Anyway I asked about Aspen campground and she said they do not foresee having to close it . There is currently no fires threatening that area . 

Thanks for the update....

I just got off of the phone with the lady in charge of campgrounds on the rim . I was moving Sunday night over to Black Canyon rim campground for my wife to hopefully see the wild horse herd that lives near there . She called to let me know that its now closed and was able to get me into another campground for Sunday . Anyway I asked about Aspen campground and she said they do not foresee having to close it . There is currently no fires threatening that area . 

Rob Monsipapa posted:
usmcshepherd posted:

Does anyone have an idea on what the temps have been like and/or are expected to be there? I noticed Payson was about 88 degrees the other day around 2pm which will be pretty toasty without air. Thoughts?

It’s usually about 10 degrees cooler than Payson and the temps at Woods Canyon swing about 30 degrees.  The forecast as of today calls for low to mid 80’s during the day and the 50’s at night so bring long pants and long sleeve shirts.  We always have jackets.  If it rains the temps will drop another 10-15 degrees.

rob

FYI there is a significant gain in elevation 2610 ft. between Payson at 4890 ft. and Aspen Camp at 7500 ft. You will know that as you chug up that last hill to reach the top of the rim. It will be a lot cooler than Yuma Sgt.

usmcshepherd posted:

It’s usually about 10 degrees cooler than Payson and the temps at Woods Canyon swing about 30 degrees.  The forecast as of today calls for low to mid 80’s during the day and the 50’s at night so bring long pants and long sleeve shirts.  We always have jackets.  If it rains the temps will drop another 10-15 degrees.

rob

AZCamp posted:

Okay, I have a situation and I cannot go now.  I am soooo upset.  Is there a way to give my spot to someone else??????  What should I do?  Can we do this again later in the summer???

I’ll be posting the up coming trips we have planned.  We love the area...  it’s out corner of the world and we totally disconnect for some needed downtime.  Hope you can make a future outing.

Stephen Ray posted:

Rob - Is this still on? I was wondering due to the fires.

Steve

We are going unless the forest gets shut down, at this point it doesn’t look likely but if there is  another big fire in the area between now and then it could change.  

Everyone that’s going, please keep an eye on this page.  I’ll post an update just before we head up on Wednesday afternoon or if anything changes that could impact this trip.  I’ll post my phone here so if you want to call before you head out that’s cool with me.  We will be keeping tabs on the Forest Service for all updates.

Rob 480-250-5332

make sure you leave a message, if I don’t recognize the number I won’t pick up due to all the sales calls I get!

I’m getting excited!!!!!

Sorry you can't make it.  We have a few trips reserved already. We will be in site 31. July 8th thru 19th.    Sept 9th thru 18th.  And we have Oct 4th thru 8th reserved.  I retire Sept 5th and ran out of vacation in July so nothing planned for August 

AZCamp posted:

Okay, I have a situation and I cannot go now.  I am soooo upset.  Is there a way to give my spot to someone else??????  What should I do?  Can we do this again later in the summer???

Bummer, things always come up when you least expect it.  My wife and I go up every month for about 5 days starting on this trip in June.  It’s how we beat the heat in Phoenix...  i’ll Post our next trip this weekend.  Since it is so close to the valley the sites get booked up quickly.  Fall could be a really nice trip with the colores changing. These was someone who was coming up and didn’t have a reservation.  I would hook up with them and see if they can reserve it just after you cancel.   Think you will only loose $10.

Gene&Sherry posted:

Gene and I are bringing two of our grandsons, Nolan age 10, Oliver age 7 almost eight.  They expressed desire to learn to fish. So any fisherman that can share pointers with us, all are welcome! Can’t wait to meet you all!

We fish, at least Rick does a lot. 

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024
Link copied to your clipboard.