Skip to main content

Informal Lance Get Together at Woods Canyon Lake AZ "Aspen Campground" - June 2018

Woods Canyon Lake AZ - Aspen Campground

Woods Canyon Lake, AZ June 6-12

Jayne and I will be arriving at about 3-4pm on the 6th and will be at site #117.  If you have any questions please post it on the main discussion page for Current Rallies.  This is an "INFORMAL" Lance get together, no activities planned other than a nightly cocktail party for what ever beverage you like (BYOB)...  I'll have a ham radio set up and perches for hummingbird photography and other critters.  You are welcome to sit in or set up your camera along side mine and shoot away!!!

Rob

Who Is Attending

Add Comment

Comments (116)

Newest · Oldest · Popular
usmcshepherd posted:

Just wondering if this group is going to get together again this year? I had planned to go last year but got caught up in work and couldn’t go...looking to get out a little more this year as things settle down a little more for us.

I just posted the trip into on the events page....

Rob

I’m glad everyone had such a good time last year.  We consider it our little corner of the world and the best escape from the heat of the valley.

We will be back at our usual site but we would rather not host every night.  We could do one night and it would be nice if anyone that shows up would like to host any additional evening get togethers.  

We enjoyed meeting everyone last year and had some good laughs and great weather.  June weather is almost always the best of the entire season.

We will be there from June 6 - 10 at site 117.  Normally it’s our longest trip but I’m short on vacation time.  Can’t wait till I retire and this becomes a none issue.

Rob & Jayne Monsipapa

usmcshepherd posted:

Just wondering if this group is going to get together again this year? I had planned to go last year but got caught up in work and couldn’t go...looking to get out a little more this year as things settle down a little more for us.

I sure hope so, Tim!  It was a wonderful time in a beautiful setting.  Maybe Rob will post another Gathering for this year!  (hint, hint)

Rob Monsipapa posted:
lewander posted:

What an outstanding, memorable weekend!!  Rob, you hit it out of the park!  As you probably assumed, I was intrigued by your photography and the ham radio setup you had up there.  It was absolutely fascinating watching your efforts to get the best shots of the birds and the communication with folks all over the western hemisphere via your radio and wire set up in the trees!  I truly enjoyed the weekend!!!

You were a welcome addition to the group Lew, you added a lot of spice to our 6pm happy hour.  Loved the shot assortment and the girls, what a hit of the gathering..  Thanks for coming Lew!

Starting to post photos Lew, save the link, got a lot more to post:

https://www.az-pics.com/Arizon...ring-June-6-12-2018/

Rob

Rob Monsipapa posted:
Rob Monsipapa posted:
MaricopaMike posted:

Had a great time at the Woods Canyon meet up !!!! Great to meet all of you and the cool weather and abundant wild life was awesome !!! Here are some of the pictures that Kari took .

IMG_5560IMG_5715IMG_5778

Mike and Kari,

thanks for making the trip.  Hope to see you guys next year, I want to go on one of your morning walk-abouts...  I think you had the right idea!  Great back lit shot Kari, love the baby elk pic, never gets old.  Our next door neighbors took their inflatable boat to the lake this morning and saw a femal go into the lake and bathe for about 20min....  i’d Kill to get photos of that!!!  Next time you guys.

Rob

Kari, remember me telling you about the female elks calling for the herd???  There is one calling for them right now, she sounds like she is right across the street from us, it’s almost 11pm...  i’ll Find tha video clip and send it to you!  Sounds sooo cool!

Starting to post photos guys, got a lot more to post so save the link:

Rob

FairJim posted:

Donna and I had a great time, even though we had to leave early. Was glad we got to meet everyone. Hope to see everyone in the near future.

Got the trailer back from Tom's today, repaired Frig.  It required a new controller board (normally takes two weeks if order (but they took one from another unit).  They also had to replace the CO/Gas detector (it kept alarming). The Generator did not work any better back here in the valley, so I used the Costco liberal return policy and got a full refund.

Ya, it was a bummer that you guys had to leave early...  got a photo gallery started, keep checking it for new photos...  I have a lot more to post.

Rob

Donna and I had a great time, even though we had to leave early. Was glad we got to meet everyone. Hope to see everyone in the near future.

Got the trailer back from Tom's today, repaired Frig.  It required a new controller board (normally takes two weeks if order (but they took one from another unit).  They also had to replace the CO/Gas detector (it kept alarming). The Generator did not work any better back here in the valley, so I used the Costco liberal return policy and got a full refund.

lewander posted:

What an outstanding, memorable weekend!!  Rob, you hit it out of the park!  As you probably assumed, I was intrigued by your photography and the ham radio setup you had up there.  It was absolutely fascinating watching your efforts to get the best shots of the birds and the communication with folks all over the western hemisphere via your radio and wire set up in the trees!  I truly enjoyed the weekend!!!

You were a welcome addition to the group Lew, you added a lot of spice to our 6pm happy hour.  Loved the shot assortment and the girls, what a hit of the gathering..  Thanks for coming Lew!

Gene&Sherry posted:

Rob and Jayne,

I want to thank you both for organizing a wonderful getaway for us 595E8E82-BA1D-441F-84AC-3186B63BB4CC37EF62B2-6487-4708-8E0E-03BCE4C77C58Arizona Lance Owners. Woods Canyon Lake is now going to be a recurring trip for us. May never have found it without your invite, thanks again.

So good to meet new friends and share our love of the outdoors! The grandsons got their first fish and more! All in all a super weekend. 

And Jayne I’m looking for those thingamajigs for the top of my glasses! 

Looking forward to seeing you all again on the road!

Gene and Sherry

Jayne says they are at Bed Bath and Beyond...  glad you guys could make it...

Rob Monsipapa posted:
MaricopaMike posted:

Had a great time at the Woods Canyon meet up !!!! Great to meet all of you and the cool weather and abundant wild life was awesome !!! Here are some of the pictures that Kari took .

IMG_5560IMG_5715IMG_5778

Mike and Kari,

thanks for making the trip.  Hope to see you guys next year, I want to go on one of your morning walk-abouts...  I think you had the right idea!  Great back lit shot Kari, love the baby elk pic, never gets old.  Our next door neighbors took their inflatable boat to the lake this morning and saw a femal go into the lake and bathe for about 20min....  i’d Kill to get photos of that!!!  Next time you guys.

Rob

Kari, remember me telling you about the female elks calling for the herd???  There is one calling for them right now, she sounds like she is right across the street from us, it’s almost 11pm...  i’ll Find tha video clip and send it to you!  Sounds sooo cool!

Gene&Sherry posted:

Rob and Jayne,

I want to thank you both for organizing a wonderful getaway for us 595E8E82-BA1D-441F-84AC-3186B63BB4CC37EF62B2-6487-4708-8E0E-03BCE4C77C58Arizona Lance Owners. Woods Canyon Lake is now going to be a recurring trip for us. May never have found it without your invite, thanks again.

So good to meet new friends and share our love of the outdoors! The grandsons got their first fish and more! All in all a super weekend. 

Gene and Sherry

Gene and Sherry,

Thanks for coming, you two were a great addition to the 6pm happy hour! You were a joy to have as part of the group...  hope to see you at a future gathering.

Rob & Jayne

MaricopaMike posted:

IMG_5560IMG_5715IMG_5778

Mike and Kari,

Rob

Wow, I’m sitting here on the last night of the Woods Canyon Lake trip and thinking I don’t want to go back the the valley.  Met some truly great people, laughed a lot, got a lot of photos to be posed here.  

Thanks to everyone that made the trip.  Without all of you the memories wouldn’t  be the same.  We had a few windy days but the temps at night were great and not too hot during the day.  Loved, loved, loved the 6pm happy hour!  What a great time.  I can now put another birthday in the logbook as one of my favorite memories! Home made peanut brittle, Lew’s home Brew bar shots (that special Jack Daniels brew was soooooth), fish tails to talk about next year (got to sink that hook), lots of wildlife shots to post (was great to have another photographer in the group), never take in and house train a wild jack rabbit (the bites are painful), Tia, Marley, and Lew’s shelty are the BEST.....  There is more..  you all just have to come up and experience it for your self!

I’ll get photos posted in my smugmug site and post the link here as soon as I can.

safe travels everyone.

Rob & Jayne Monsipapa

Rob and Jayne,

Gene and Sherry

Attachments

Images (2)
  • 595E8E82-BA1D-441F-84AC-3186B63BB4CC
  • 37EF62B2-6487-4708-8E0E-03BCE4C77C58
lewander posted:

I arrived in Mesa a bit after 1pm.  When I hooked up to electricity, everything is working great - except the refrigerator.  I've run some checks with the help of Rick at Lance Service and it looks like I have a circuit board failure.  I phoned Tom's Camperland and they will not work on a unit that wasn't sold by them!  Bad on Tom's Camperland!!!!  And Camping World would have to order the part - a three week wait!  Looks like I'll be heading back to Yuma tomorrow morning.

If anybody wants to come up and needs a site, mine will be available for you.  Site 116 from Wednesday until Sunday.  Just let me know...

I am NOT a happy camper right now!!!!!!

Wow, sorry to hear that...  I'm surprised about Tom's, we have been going there for years and they always take care of us.  I would think warranty work no matter where the rig came from would not be an issue!  I'll have to find out what their policy is.

CALL ME 480-250-5332

Got 2 good repair companies here in the valley that work on Lance and do warranty repairs.  Tom's uses them also when they get slammed with work.

1st choice Timothy at Primitive RV 602-446-3576

2nd choice Ben 480-276-0906

Last edited by Rob Monsipapa

I arrived in Mesa a bit after 1pm.  When I hooked up to electricity, everything is working great - except the refrigerator.  I've run some checks with the help of Rick at Lance Service and it looks like I have a circuit board failure.  I phoned Tom's Camperland and they will not work on a unit that wasn't sold by them!  Bad on Tom's Camperland!!!!  And Camping World would have to order the part - a three week wait!  Looks like I'll be heading back to Yuma tomorrow morning.

If anybody wants to come up and needs a site, mine will be available for you.  Site 116 from Wednesday until Sunday.  Just let me know...

I am NOT a happy camper right now!!!!!!

Last edited by lewander
usmcshepherd posted:

Does anyone have an idea on what the temps have been like and/or are expected to be there? I noticed Payson was about 88 degrees the other day around 2pm which will be pretty toasty without air. Thoughts?

Tim, we Yu-MEN don't need to worry about warm temps like those pansies in Phoenix do!  We can wear shorts until it gets down to 45 degrees, and then maybe a hooded sweat shirt will keep us warm around the fire.   Ha-ha-ha!!!!!!!!!!      

MaricopaMike posted:

I just got off of the phone with the lady in charge of campgrounds on the rim . I was moving Sunday night over to Black Canyon rim campground for my wife to hopefully see the wild horse herd that lives near there . She called to let me know that its now closed and was able to get me into another campground for Sunday . Anyway I asked about Aspen campground and she said they do not foresee having to close it . There is currently no fires threatening that area . 

Thanks for the update....

I just got off of the phone with the lady in charge of campgrounds on the rim . I was moving Sunday night over to Black Canyon rim campground for my wife to hopefully see the wild horse herd that lives near there . She called to let me know that its now closed and was able to get me into another campground for Sunday . Anyway I asked about Aspen campground and she said they do not foresee having to close it . There is currently no fires threatening that area . 

Rob Monsipapa posted:
usmcshepherd posted:

Does anyone have an idea on what the temps have been like and/or are expected to be there? I noticed Payson was about 88 degrees the other day around 2pm which will be pretty toasty without air. Thoughts?

It’s usually about 10 degrees cooler than Payson and the temps at Woods Canyon swing about 30 degrees.  The forecast as of today calls for low to mid 80’s during the day and the 50’s at night so bring long pants and long sleeve shirts.  We always have jackets.  If it rains the temps will drop another 10-15 degrees.

rob

FYI there is a significant gain in elevation 2610 ft. between Payson at 4890 ft. and Aspen Camp at 7500 ft. You will know that as you chug up that last hill to reach the top of the rim. It will be a lot cooler than Yuma Sgt.

usmcshepherd posted:

It’s usually about 10 degrees cooler than Payson and the temps at Woods Canyon swing about 30 degrees.  The forecast as of today calls for low to mid 80’s during the day and the 50’s at night so bring long pants and long sleeve shirts.  We always have jackets.  If it rains the temps will drop another 10-15 degrees.

rob

AZCamp posted:

Okay, I have a situation and I cannot go now.  I am soooo upset.  Is there a way to give my spot to someone else??????  What should I do?  Can we do this again later in the summer???

I’ll be posting the up coming trips we have planned.  We love the area...  it’s out corner of the world and we totally disconnect for some needed downtime.  Hope you can make a future outing.

Stephen Ray posted:

Rob - Is this still on? I was wondering due to the fires.

Steve

We are going unless the forest gets shut down, at this point it doesn’t look likely but if there is  another big fire in the area between now and then it could change.  

Everyone that’s going, please keep an eye on this page.  I’ll post an update just before we head up on Wednesday afternoon or if anything changes that could impact this trip.  I’ll post my phone here so if you want to call before you head out that’s cool with me.  We will be keeping tabs on the Forest Service for all updates.

Rob 480-250-5332

make sure you leave a message, if I don’t recognize the number I won’t pick up due to all the sales calls I get!

I’m getting excited!!!!!

Sorry you can't make it.  We have a few trips reserved already. We will be in site 31. July 8th thru 19th.    Sept 9th thru 18th.  And we have Oct 4th thru 8th reserved.  I retire Sept 5th and ran out of vacation in July so nothing planned for August 

AZCamp posted:

Okay, I have a situation and I cannot go now.  I am soooo upset.  Is there a way to give my spot to someone else??????  What should I do?  Can we do this again later in the summer???

Bummer, things always come up when you least expect it.  My wife and I go up every month for about 5 days starting on this trip in June.  It’s how we beat the heat in Phoenix...  i’ll Post our next trip this weekend.  Since it is so close to the valley the sites get booked up quickly.  Fall could be a really nice trip with the colores changing. These was someone who was coming up and didn’t have a reservation.  I would hook up with them and see if they can reserve it just after you cancel.   Think you will only loose $10.

Gene&Sherry posted:

Gene and I are bringing two of our grandsons, Nolan age 10, Oliver age 7 almost eight.  They expressed desire to learn to fish. So any fisherman that can share pointers with us, all are welcome! Can’t wait to meet you all!

We fish, at least Rick does a lot. 

Mustang03 posted:

Sorry to say it looks like we will not make it this time. We'll try again some time. Hope you have a great weekend.

Next time hopefully.  I just hope we get even a little bit of rain before we get there!  I’ll be posting a lot of photos from the get together.

Rob

Gene&Sherry posted:

Gene and I are bringing two of our grandsons, Nolan age 10, Oliver age 7 almost eight.  They expressed desire to learn to fish. So any fisherman that can share pointers with us, all are welcome! Can’t wait to meet you all!

The store at the lake has  all kinds of fishing supplies.  It’s not the biggest but has a lot of the most commonly used items there...

Rob

We are weeks outta Az, Utah & Co. Presently outside Santa Fe NM till Sunday morning when we head east. Thanks for the notifications! 

Fire warning here too in NM. Not even supposed to be smoking outdoors. Guess those hand rolled Dominicans in my "travel humidor" will have to wait!

http://www.paysonroundup.com/n...2b-5a7c6a793fe5.html

Woods canyon and willow lakes area remains open.  Enforcement is strict on fire restrictions. 

*******************************************************************************************

lewander posted:

OK, here are the attendees as far as I can determine from the postings here.  I'll attempt to make a chart out of it with screen names, REAL names, site #, and dates attending:

SITE    Screen name               REAL name                          Dates attending

107     MaricopaMike              Mike Noeltner                        June 8-10

108     AZCamp                      Lisa w/Cielo                           June 8-11

110     AZLuddy                      Kris & Jack                            June 6-7

(110) Gene&Sherry                Gene & Sherry                       June 8-10

114    Lewander                       Lew Anderson                      June 6-10

115    Bucky                           Brian, Rochelle, & Chrissy      June 9-12

116    JoeD                              Joe DeVita                              June 7-13

117   Rob & Jane Monsipapa  Ron & Jane Monsipapa          June 6-12

118   USMCSHEPHARD         Tim Gerdes                             June 8-11

119   AZCampers                   Leann & Richey w/Marlee        June 5-13

No site reserved, but planning on coming:

Mustang03                       Bryan & Susan

I hope I got all of you listed!!  If not, let me know.  I'm sure Rob will have some simple stick-on name tags for all of us to keep track of each other!!   

108 AZCamp Lisa and Rick   June 8-11

Cielo has been too ill to camp anymore.  I will leave her with my son.  

OK, here are the attendees as far as I can determine from the postings here.  I'll attempt to make a chart out of it with screen names, REAL names, site #, and dates attending:

SITE    Screen name               REAL name                          Dates attending

60       SNJNAZ                       Steve & Julie                         June

107     MaricopaMike              Mike Noeltner                        June 8-10

110     AZLuddy                      Kris & Jack                            June 6-7

(110) Gene&Sherry                Gene & Sherry                       June 8-10

114    Lewander                       Lew Anderson                      June 6-10

115    Bucky                           Brian, Rochelle, & Chrissy      June 9-12

116    JoeD                              Joe DeVita                              June 7-13

117   Rob & Jane Monsipapa  Ron & Jane Monsipapa          June 6-12

118   USMCSHEPHARD         Tim Gerdes                             June 8-11

119   AZCampers                   Leann & Richey w/Marlee        June 5-13

No site reserved, but planning on coming:

Mustang03                       Bryan & Susan

I hope I got all of you listed!!  If not, let me know.  I'm sure Rob will have some simple stick-on name tags for all of us to keep track of each other!!   

Last edited by lewander
Gene&Sherry posted:

Gene and I have Site #110 from the 8th to the 11th. You have another name on that spot. Should we be worried? I just checked my confirmation and it’s correct. 

Gene & Sherry,

No, don't worry!  You'll be coming up after AZLuddy leaves the site - or as they posted earlier:

Site #110 Weds/Thurs June 6th and 7th   We'll be in the Aliner....I am looking forward to meeting some Lance owners!  I'm hoping to get my own Lance in the next couple of years.  See you soon.

Kris and Jack the Boxer

lewander posted:

OK, here are the locations of those that have responded SO FAR!  If needed, I can add a printed list of sites and names, but for now it's just a updateable map...

Woods Canyon Lake campsites

Gene and I have Site #110 from the 8th to the 11th. You have another name on that spot. Should we be worried? I just checked my confirmation and it’s correct. 

Well so much for even the possibility of coming up.  Our brand new (picked it up last Tuesday) 1475 is caught up in the big de-lamentation issue that is going on with units made earlier this year.  It's going back to Prescott tomorrow, then possibly trucked on to Lancaster to have the front end taken off and repaired.

Enjoy, and maybe we can join on another AZ get-together once the unit is returned. 

AZCamp posted:
Rob Monsipapa posted:
AZCamp posted:
Rob Monsipapa posted:

OK Everyone, if you are going to this “informal gathering” sound off with name and site number. Lew has kindly offered to put a list of attendees together.  I’ll start, but just tag onto this thread so we get everyone...

Rob & Jayne Monsipapa  SITE 117 Arrive  (3 dogs Dillion, Mason and Emma)

It will be great to be in 108!  This will be the first time towing by myself and parking by myself.  Fun times.  

Let me know when you will be getting there and I’ll help out, what ever you need... Rob

Thank you Rob!  I will be coming up probably after work on the 8th.  

If you need any help we will be there in the late morning neighbor !!!! Glad to help out !!!!

Sorry been gone since Friday morning early  just now getting caught up . We will be arriving Friday June 8th site 107 staying until Sunday then moving over to Black Canyon Rim campground to hopefully see the herd of wild horses . Heading home from there on Monday . Myself my Wife and two dogs . Just got home from Carlsbad caverns New Mexico with the TT . Had a blast !!!

Rob Monsipapa posted:
AZCamp posted:
Rob Monsipapa posted:

OK Everyone, if you are going to this “informal gathering” sound off with name and site number. Lew has kindly offered to put a list of attendees together.  I’ll start, but just tag onto this thread so we get everyone...

It will be great to be in 108!  This will be the first time towing by myself and parking by myself.  Fun times.  

Let me know when you will be getting there and I’ll help out, what ever you need... Rob

Thank you Rob!  I will be coming up probably after work on the 8th.  

Last edited by AZCamp

Hey, y'all, I'd be glad to do a better drawing of all the campers and where they have their reservation,  BUT I only have nine that have checked in.  If you aren't listed on the map I posted, let me know where your campsite is and I'll get you drawn in!

And, remember there are some "first come-first served" still available.  Let me know if you're thinking about coming even if you don't have a reservation.  That would count for ten more rigs!!!!!

Thanks!!!

Last edited by lewander

Site #110 Weds/Thurs June 6th and 7th   We'll be in the Aliner....I am looking forward to meeting some Lance owners!  I'm hoping to get my own Lance in the next couple of years.  See you soon.

Kris and Jack the Boxer

Last edited by AZLuddy
lewander posted:

Rob,

What's the chance of posting a list of attendees and their site number?  I'm attempting to keep track of the sites and MIGHT be able to post a map of the campground with the names of the attendees by their sites.

Thanks!

Lew,

We will be in site 115 and will arrive the 9th and leave the 12th.

Brian, Rochelle and Chrissy

AZCamp posted:
Rob Monsipapa posted:

AZuwere posted:

Thought about coming up on the maiden voyage of our new 1475, but the link for "reservations", only shows walk up sites, there is no reservation ability.  Can't afford to show up on a Friday night and find the place full.  Enjoy, maybe we can catch the group next time.

Go to this website that has a map of the other camps in the area. While its not with the group its not that far to drive over and spend the days and evenings.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recare...d=80835&actid=29

This is a list of the other nearby camps which are on the map.

Sinkhole  - Rim  -  Spillway  -  Mogollon  -  Crook

In addition there are many areas where you can camp in a "Dispersed"  area for free.

Contact me if you want or need more information.

Rob Monsipapa posted:

Rob,

What's the chance of posting a list of attendees and their site number?  I'm attempting to keep track of the sites and MIGHT be able to post a map of the campground with the names of the attendees by their sites.

Thanks!

AZuwere posted:

Thought about coming up on the maiden voyage of our new 1475, but the link for "reservations", only shows walk up sites, there is no reservation ability.  Can't afford to show up on a Friday night and find the place full.  Enjoy, maybe we can catch the group next time.

Don't miss out on a chance to share your new trailer and absorb a lot of info from other Lance owners!  Come up a bit early (like in the previous posting) and get yourself a site for the weekend.  It's a great place to "break in" your new trailer!

Rob Monsipapa posted:
Mustang03 posted:

Was interested in attending, but on Recreation.gov, all the sites in Aspen CG are marked as "Walk Up". So when we read down through the thread and see everyone with reservations, we have to wonder, "What are we missing?!". Any help here?

OK, got a different result... It appears there are no reservation sites left for June 8/9, but since there are a bunch of walk-ups, so we can get up there early (7th?) and take a chance on getting a spot. We've driven further on longer odds!

See you there.

You got it right.  That indicates all the reserved sites are taken and only walk up sites will be avail... coming up on the Thursday the 7th the earlier the better or get there late the 6th.  Friday gets busy with folks coming up from the valley.  Also, keep an eye on the reservation site.  Someone may cancel and open up a spot.

I was up there last weekend and visited the Aspen Campground.  I had a conversation with two very nice ladies at the check-in booth and they confirmed that many sites are left for walk-in campers on a "first come-first served" basis.  My suggestion is, like Rob said, get up there Thursday evening or early Friday and get one of those non-reservable sites.  It's a beautiful campground on spite of no hookups!

Last edited by lewander

Mustang03 posted:

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the information -- we'll probably follow your advice irt arrival date. We're coming from Green Valley, south of Tucson about 30 miles. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

That's awesome!  We will be in site 117, plan on evening get togethers at our site, byob.  We will be there late in the afternoon on the 6th. To the 12th.

Rob & Jayne

Mustang03 posted:

Was interested in attending, but on Recreation.gov, all the sites in Aspen CG are marked as "Walk Up". So when we read down through the thread and see everyone with reservations, we have to wonder, "What are we missing?!". Any help here?

OK, got a different result... It appears there are no reservation sites left for June 8/9, but since there are a bunch of walk-ups, so we can get up there early (7th?) and take a chance on getting a spot. We've driven further on longer odds!

See you there.

You got it right.  That indicates all the reserved sites are taken and only walk up sites will be avail... coming up on the Thursday the 7th the earlier the better or get there late the 6th.  Friday gets busy with folks coming up from the valley.  Also, keep an eye on the reservation site.  Someone may cancel and open up a spot.

Look forward to meeting you guys.  The area is beautiful.  They have potable water right in the campground so no need to haul water.

Let me know if you have any questions.  Where you coming from?

rob

See you there.

Last edited by Mustang03

I think I forgot to update but I’ll be in site 118 and will be coming only with my Australian Shepherd as Catherine and the kids are probably going to be going back to visit family in Louisiana along with my son who just returned from Japan/Korea. Looking forward to a quiet weekend.

Rob Monsipapa posted:
Joe D posted:

Has anyone that is attending installed the Microair device on their AC unit?

Joe, never heard of it.  We have never used the AC.  I figure if we have to use it, we aren’t in a high enough elevation...  lol

Rob! We gave one away at RITV 3. Joe they work very well and a number of my Lance friends have installed them. One installed one in his 2285 with a 15k btu and runs it with a Honda 2000i. 

If caught in a hot area, we find an RV park with hookups!

Happy Campers

BobnRobin

AZcampers posted:
AZCamp posted:

The closest I could get was site 108. I have reservations from Friday the 8th to Monday the 11th. 

Lisa, it will be great to meet you.   We also have a Cattledog, Marlee,  that always comes camping with us.

It will be great to meet you too! We don't live far from each other either.  I won't be bringing Cielo as she doesn't camp well anymore.  

AZCamp posted:

The closest I could get was site 108. I have reservations from Friday the 8th to Monday the 11th. 

Lisa, it will be great to meet you.   We also have a Cattledog, Marlee,  that always comes camping with us.

Wow, I just did a run down on the sites reserved for our informal get together: 107,108,110,111,114,116,117,118,119

It's going to be cool to see so many Lance campers in this section.  I think I need to do a special event t-shirt for this.  I'll post it when I get it done. :-)

This is the start of our camping season for us, just when the Phoenix area is heating up so we are REALLY looking forward to meeting everyone!

Rob

MaricopaMike posted:

Just made reservations for June 8 and 9 site 107 . See you all there !!

Cool, great to add another Lance member to the trip. You have a member right next to you in 108 and we will be in 117.  Looking forward to meeting you!  Plan on a nightly happy hour at our site!

Rob

I will be coming up for a couple nights (6th & 7th)  Thanks Gene and Sherry for bringing this get-together to my attention.  I've got a few questions about Lances!  And I'm looking forward to meeting some Lance folks.  See you in June!  Campsite #110 June 6,7

Last edited by AZLuddy

I just saw this. Was it ever posted in the discussion? Wish I could have made it but it's only a week apart from the annual SCIO.
I've been trying for the past 3 years to have someone do a GTG who lives in CO. All I got was places to camp but no one wanted to set it up. 
Thank you Rob for doing this. My U.S. map looks like it's missing a tooth and it's CO.
I'm planning on a trip there this year so I'll keep in touch, maybe we can hook up since you know the places....

Last edited by pau hana
Joe D posted:

It appears we have a reservation conflict. I made a reservation for site #116 on Dec.10th arriving Thu June 7, departing Wed Jun 13 and have written confirmation from recreation.gov

Yeah, I mistakenly said site #116.    The correct site is #114!  Just a slip of my index finger on the keyboard.  I'll arrive on Wednesday, the 6th, and depart on Sunday, the 10th.  I'll probably move down to Canyon Point and check in there for a couple of days or more.  I won't be in a big hurry to get back to the heat!!

When I made my reservations last night site #111 was still showing available!

Also we will have a dog or two along with us as well as the human kind of little ones! I expect our older son will opt to stay in Yuma working and doing school!

9913FF92-41C1-4BB3-A037-73ACCA7C9947

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 9913FF92-41C1-4BB3-A037-73ACCA7C9947
lewander posted:

Tim,

I have site #116, right next to you and across from Rob.  I MAY have two generators with me - you could use one of them, if needed.

Lew,

It appears we have a reservation conflict. I made a reservation for site #116 on Dec.10th arriving Thu June 7, departing Wed Jun 13 and have written confirmation from recreation.gov

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024
Link copied to your clipboard.