Skip to main content

We recently purchased a TST 770 during Prime Days.  Read the instructions and installed all six of the valves (four trailer, two truck).  It works great and settings were very easy to modify/change for my vehicles (F350 and 1985 Lance).  It is a little slow to pick up all six of the valve core sending units.

I do have a question.  Instructions indicate I need to install the signal booster or I may void the warranty.  It suggests the tongue as to were to mount it.  My question is the battery box is not located there.  Where did you run the wires for the required continuous 12 volts?  I was thinking I would chase the red power wire that comes from the jack but not sure where it goes.

Any suggestions?

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

We purchased and installed the TST 507 last year in our 2022 - 1995.  I installed the booster inside the curbside battery box.  Simple installation - connect the wires and fasten to the wall.  I have has no issues with this install.

I just read the manual and it states to install in the battery box on the front of the trailer.  I would consider the enclosed battery boxes to be in front of the trailer, just a little higher. 

Here is a monitor mounting solution that works extremely well.  It is called a 4 Prong Richter Mount with Tilt and Swivel.  It is available from ProClip (proclipusa.com) PN 215058.  ProClip will also supply a vehicle mount for your specific vehicle. The TST monitor simply slides down onto the mount.  ProClip products are usually $29.99 ea but you can usually find a  promo code to at least cover shipping.  Not exactly cheap but a very clean solution. Richter Mount

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Richter Mount

Add Reply

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024
Link copied to your clipboard.