Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

A while back, I camped under a Hickory tree, where Squirrels were eating the nuts.  After a couple of days, my roof was covered with the broken shells.  It rained for a while; when I swept off the shells, I noticed they had stained my white TPO roof brown.

I tried everything to remove the stains with no success.  Until... I tried Starbrite's Extreme Clean product.  It worked so well, I called the company and complemented them on how well it worked.  I posted this under the Discussion section.  

Several asked if it had any petroleum in it.  Not knowing for sure, I called the company.  No petroleum, no bleach and no acids.  They said it is perfectly safe for rubber or TPO roofs.  I picked up some more for future use. 

There are not exactly the same.  But typically, both recommend the same type of cleaners and treatment solutions.   If your roof is just slightly dirty, Dawn dish detergent works well and is safe.  If you have some stubborn stains, something stronger is required.  See my note above for something I found that works really well.  The Starbrite Extreme Clean product is safe for all membrane roofs (IMO) 

Add Reply

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024
Link copied to your clipboard.