Skip to main content

Living in Florida has made a dehumidifier a top priority. I looked at a lot of options out there and for our living conditions we need something small and efficient. I've read about the pellets that are "rechargable" to the larger units that take up a lot of space. I read a lot of reviews on Amazon for different units and it really got me nowhere.  The responses were kinda 50/50. 

I narrowed it down to the Eva-Dry products, specifically the 1100 (update: 1100 "petite") or the 2200. Based on the size of our 1985 the 1100 petite would be a good fit for the square footage. It's low power consumption (2.5amps) and optional 12v (web site says "9v adaptor") plug make it a good choice for plug in or boondocking. Because of the large amount of condensation on the inside windows that we see even with a window cracked and vent open, I chose to step up to the slightly larger 2200.  This model also has the optional 12v cord and runs on 6amps (not as boondocker friendly).

I've run the 2200 for two weeks now and am collecting on average 1 1/2 cup of water every 12 hours. This little unit REALLY WORKS! I'm finding that on lower humidity days my upper airway feels dryer. The condensation is gone and I couldn't be more pleased.

The 2200 advertises the "whisper quiet" feature. It's a little louder than a whisper but sticking it in the bathroom solves that problem. I am not use to white noise and live in a quiet area and I have it within 10 feet of the bed and it doesn't bother me at all.

The dimensions are that of a "small" space heater. Personally I was a little nervous about ordering the 2200 for it's size but it really is compact.

Overall I took a chance based on the reviews and am very impressed with the unit. I did not expect it to pull this much water out of the air and it really has solved our problems.

4 1/2 out of 5 (a little noisy)

RVGuy42

Last edited by RVGuy42
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Reply

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024
Link copied to your clipboard.