Skip to main content

Disclaimer, this post is for those who like to stay connected while traveling/camping, which I know not everybody does.....

We were in search of a laptop with extended battery life to use while traveling/camping.  The searching brought me to the Lenovo T560.  This laptop has 2 batteries, one is built in and the other is removeable.  Having two batteries means you can hot swap the removable battery, which also comes in different sizes.  Choosing the larger (72 watt hour) removable battery gives you an astounding estimated 23 hours of battery life. 

We ordered out T560 as follows,

Intel Core i5-6200U MB processor
8 gb memory
Windows 10 Pro
500 gb sata hard drive
1920 x 1080 display panel.

The screen on this laptop is pretty amazing.  The speakers are about what you would expect but they are however better than our other two laptops.  I haven't done any actual test as far as battery life but I can tell you it seems to last forever.  Cyndi and I both used it here and there over a 3 day camping trip on a single charge.  Overall, we are very pleased with it's performance....

Note, to get this laptop set up the way we wanted it we ordered it directly from Lenovo......

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/l...enu-id=thinkpad_t560

ThinkPad T560 Enterprise Laptop

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I did a similar thing bought a Levono Yoga 700 at Costco, it was $100 cheaper than anywhere else. I needed a cheap winTel box to program the Nav heads with the latest updates. Boy did my colleges really rub it in since I am a Apple head now...

Works out great as a cheap PC for quick connectivity when out boon docking. 

Happy Camping !!

Congrats on your new laptop.  Amazing battery life.  I love the trackpoint Lenovo uses on their keyboards, much more convenient and faster than a touchpad or mouse.

Your post reminded me of the Thinkpad "butterfly" I had years ago.  Great little laptop, but the 486 processor was painfully slow processing the calculations in an Excel spreadsheet I used at the time.  Sometimes, the good old days weren't so good.

Last edited by wego

Add Reply

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024
Link copied to your clipboard.