Skip to main content

I get asked about my satellite dish all the time when people see the Tailgater. I have the King VQ4500 Tailgater for Dish Network on my 2185. It is HD and I'm already a Dish customer so it added $9.95 to my monthly bill. I purchased the Dish Wally HD receiver which fits perfect on my TV shelf in the trailer. The set up is a breeze. Point the Tailgater to the south, plug in the coax to the Tailgater and the receiver, then HDMI to the TV and power it on. The receiver will walk you through the rest of the satellite acquisition. I've never had any signal issues or difficulties getting a signal even through trees. I am the envy of the campground during football season. Total price for Tailgater and Wally was about $400.00 (purchased on Amazon.com). I highly recommend the Tailgater and Wally for Dish. Good luck.

https://www.facebook.com/dishf...os/1050857605047335/

IMG_0162IMG_2196

Attachments

Images (2)
  • IMG_0162
  • IMG_2196
Last edited by HavaBrew22
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have the same dish but the older receiver.  Rain kills mine.  We use it at home as well.  We just put the dish on the patio and move the receiver inside.  My biggest complaint is rain.  Maybe the new Wally receiver solved this.  How long have you been using this setup and have you watched tv during rain?  

Corbin posted:

I have the same dish but the older receiver.  Rain kills mine.  We use it at home as well.  We just put the dish on the patio and move the receiver inside.  My biggest complaint is rain.  Maybe the new Wally receiver solved this.  How long have you been using this setup and have you watched tv during rain?  

I'm just asking... but wouldn't this be more of an antenna (dish)  issue than a receiver issue? 

Joe

PoconoJoe posted:
Corbin posted:

I'm just asking... but wouldn't this be more of an antenna (dish)  issue than a receiver issue? 

Joe

I think Joe is right.  CORBIN have you checked the casing on your Tailgater for cracks or leaks?  Do you have the rounded top Tailgater or the diamond shaped?

Joe and Havabrew.  Yes it's shouldn't be the receiver.  I've cleaned the Dish plastic and even waxed it. Rain kills it and I don't see any cracks.  I guess the problem with owning the equipment, you can't send it back and get a new one (after warranty).  Well, I guess if I'm the only one having this issue, it's my Tailgater.  

Corbin posted:

Joe and Havabrew.  Yes it's shouldn't be the receiver.  I've cleaned the Dish plastic and even waxed it. Rain kills it and I don't see any cracks.  I guess the problem with owning the equipment, you can't send it back and get a new one (after warranty).  Well, I guess if I'm the only one having this issue, it's my Tailgater.  

Sorry to hear that your Tailgater is having issues in the rain.  I hope you don't live or camp in the pacific northwest.  I live and camp mostly in sunny SoCal, so rain is rarely an issue.  Happy camping!

Fortunately, we live in the dry Denver climate.  I googled the rain issue and maybe its our big heavy clouds.  Who knows.  We still like traveling with it to catch football games. I'm glad you enjoy your Tailgater.  One connecting wire is a great bonus.   

As long as the clouds aren't too thick, it should be okay, but thick clouds will weaken the signal.

The signal was great unless there was heavy rain.

signal will rain fade

Raymond Sterbens posted:

Do any satellite antennas and receivers work with Diret TV?

Yes, here’s the Directv link.  You have to go thru one of their vendors, not sure if you can just add it to your home account.  Equipment looks to be more expensive than Dish and you may have to lease the receiver vs. owning the Dish Receiver.  The other disadvantage with Directv is their RV satellite dishes only get SD signals, Dish gets both SD and HD.

https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP...jsp?assetId=P6730097

Duckman posted:
Raymond Sterbens posted:

Do any satellite antennas and receivers work with Diret TV?

Yes, here’s the Directv link.  You have to go thru one of their vendors, not sure if you can just add it to your home account.  Equipment looks to be more expensive than Dish and you may have to lease the receiver vs. owning the Dish Receiver.  The other disadvantage with Directv is their RV satellite dishes only get SD signals, Dish gets both SD and HD.

https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP...jsp?assetId=P6730097

Also, DirectTV will be discontinuing all SD service in February 2019.  I’m not sure what all the current owners of the SD equipment are going to do but I imagine they will be switching to Dish.

Add Reply

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024
Link copied to your clipboard.