Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

No problem here either. I did have to make a neutral-ground bonding adapter after installing the Progressive Industries EMS for it to work.

Per Champion Manual:

"Grounding

The generator system ground connects the frame to the ground terminals on the power panel.

– The generator (stator winding) is isolated from the frame and from the AC receptacle ground pin.

– Electrical devices that require a grounded receptacle pin connection will not function if the receptacle ground pin is not functional, unless the neutral wire is bonded to the frame."

TwigPig posted:

I have the same propane/gas generator and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!  Only drawback is weight.  Its heavier and bulkier than a typical 2000W.  Sound difference is extremely minimal.  Dual fuel option is awesome, especially with the tri-five propane setup.

What do you mean by 'Sound difference'?

I ordered one from Tractor Supply

When does RV living get less expensive? I am spending more now than when I rented a house

robvasi posted:
TwigPig posted:

I have the same propane/gas generator and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!  Only drawback is weight.  Its heavier and bulkier than a typical 2000W.  Sound difference is extremely minimal.  Dual fuel option is awesome, especially with the tri-five propane setup.

What do you mean by 'Sound difference'?

I ordered one from Tractor Supply

When does RV living get less expensive? I am spending more now than when I rented a house

With our motto being LOA friends helping LOA friends spend money, the only cure is to stay away from LOA. 

We don't have the remote start version, but our 3400 works great on propane to run AC and microwave at the same time in our 825 with no issues.  It is only slightly louder than the Honda 2000 (59 dBa vs 57 dBa), but it is bigger than the Honda 2000 and it does weigh just under 100 lbs, so storing it for travel is more challenging. 

The 3400 has wheels, so I built a 6 foot plywood ramp to pull the generator into the TC and it stores nicely under the dinette table.  The ramp lays flat on the TC floor when travelling, which also prevents side-to-side movement of the 3400.  Then, we pull the ramp out at the final destination, roll the 3400 down the ramp and padlock it to an immovable object for security.

I used our dual fuel champion 3400 on propane at 8000 feet to run the AC during our recent trip. A week later we were covered in snow. Love Colorado weather.

The push start button is great. Have not put any gasoline in it ever.

I leave it in the bed of the F150 and plug in as necessary. Glad I bought the cover for it as it gets pretty dusty even though we have a soft tonneau cover.

Add Reply

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024
Link copied to your clipboard.