Skip to main content

Christmas Gathering In Branson

Branson Stagecoach Campground on Table Rock Lake

Christmas Gathering In Branson

Our destination for a number of us for the first weekend of December is the Branson Stagecoach Campground, just outside of Branson, MO.   The place has a guest room with cooking facilities, shuttle service to and from the shows in Branson, and even has a restaurant on site.  

Three shows have been selected to attend if participants desire to do so. The Duttons, The Hank Williams Review (a tribute show) and Christmas on the Trail, which is at the Shepherd of the Hills site.  That is a Dinner Show, where dinner is provided, music by the Sons of the Pioneers, and then a tour of the Branson Christmas lights will follow in the Shepherd's tour trollies.

Besides the shows in Branson, Table Rock Lake is a great place to visit.  It's famous for the Navy "Ducks", which are huge open boats/vehicles of WW II vintage.   They drive on the roadway, yet can take to the water as a boat, and back onto the roadway.  People visiting Table Rock "Ride the Ducks" as an attraction.  If that's not big enough for you, there's a full size STEAMBOAT that takes excursions on the lake on a regular schedule.  

And, below the 1950's vintage dam, which houses a Hydroelectric generating plant you can tour, is a Rainbow Trout fish hatchery to tour.   If the fish get you excited, you can even wade and fish the White River, just downstream from the hatchery.   

This is a camp-in, or show-up-and-visit event, and everyone is really welcome.  You're on your own though as no itinerary, other than attending the three shows as a group, is in place.

If you want to attend the shows, we ask for a head count, as we can get tickets at a good discount as a group.   For more info, go to the Rallies Present section of this forum and find the information there.

This is a good 'last chance' before winter shuts down many campers until spring.  And, you're on your own, to attend, and leave as you wish.  But, as usual, festivities such as a pot luck dinner or two will develop.

Address

5751 Missouri Hwy 165, Branson, MO
Address

Who Is Attending

Add Comment

Comments (7)

Newest · Oldest · Popular
Originally Posted by porkchop:

Hey newbee here not sure what you guys like to eat? How about a good old fatting pie or cake or cobbler of some type? I only live about 40 miles from branson so it is easy for me to get there. Have not been there in a few years got away from RVing for a while. I have 3 puppies with a total weight of 20 lbs  that will enjoy the trip for sure.Hope the 1121 is big enough for us?

Hey PC, Welcome... When you get to know me, you'll see that I am willing to eat anything that won't eat me first

Hey newbee here not sure what you guys like to eat? How about a good old fatting pie or cake or cobbler of some type? I only live about 40 miles from branson so it is easy for me to get there. Have not been there in a few years got away from RVing for a while. I have 3 puppies with a total weight of 20 lbs  that will enjoy the trip for sure.Hope the 1121 is big enough for us?

Originally Posted by Doug, aka Atchafalaya Man:

Gus, Perhaps you've heard, we have 8 rigs registered as of this date.

I'm beginning to feel like cooking a chicken and sausage Gumbo out behind the camper. It just seems appropriate for such a gathering.   Bring your own spoon, LOL.

I had heard 8, but only saw a posting for 7 recently.

I had kinda planned for making vegetarian chili, if only for Marcia. If I didn't announce vegetarian, no one would know the difference.

I'll bring a spoon and use it for both...

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024
Link copied to your clipboard.