Skip to main content

We bought a BougeRV Model E45 (48 qts) portable AC/DC fridge freezer late last year as a “Christmas present” for our 855s camper. This 45 liter model adds 30% capacity to our camper’s Norcold N3150 5.3 cf (150 liters) three-way fridge. The extra freezer space is especially welcome.

In general, the Bouge operated quite well. I used the large side a fridge set to 38°F, the small side as a freezer set to 10°F, and ran the unit is “eco” mode. I found the fridge displayed temp wandered between 32° and 40°F, and the freezer between 7° and 12°F. Nothing spoiled during almost four weeks of operation.

The unit operated from one of the truck’s 12V power ports while driving, from 120 Vac when we had shore power, and from the camper batteries when boondocking. It seemed to sip energy (as it should in the winter), but I don’t have any hard data. Our batteries and solar array provided all of the energy we needed for our three dry-camping and boondocking stops.

Overall, we’re quite happy with the unit and its performance. It’s not silent, but it is quiet, and it rides in the back of our crewcab.

Safe travels,    
Jim / crewzer

00DD78B4-43AA-444C-B905-A49315AE2130

993A8D26-2D5F-4D3A-A145-CF39BA8A95BE

Attachments

Images (2)
  • 00DD78B4-43AA-444C-B905-A49315AE2130
  • 993A8D26-2D5F-4D3A-A145-CF39BA8A95BE
Last edited by Eric Dye
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have the 30qt unit from BougeRV.  The thing about this company is the customer service.  It is excellent...

Sent me a new unit just because I said one was not maintaining temperature.  I told them I sent it back to Amazon for a refund.  They didn't care....they sent me a new one right away for free and it works like a champ.  Changed my review.

I have one of the small ones. F40C4TMP 12 Volt Refrigerator 13 Quart(12L) Portable Freezer (-4℉~68℉) with APP Control Car Fridge 12V/24V DC and 110-220V AC Compressor Cooler For Camping, Truck, Road Trip, Room and Outdoor https://a.co/d/c4A6vL1

I have used it, mainly for holding drinks, while traveling.  I also find it handy, for stops at store, keeps ice cream or meats cold, until I get back, to camper.

I'm thinking of getting larger one, to replace extra one, I carry in camper.

@Crewzer posted:

We bought a BougeRV Model E45 (48 qts) portable AC/DC fridge freezer late last year as a “Christmas present” for our 855s camper. This 45 liter model adds 30% capacity to our camper’s Norcold N3150 5.3 cf (150 liters) three-way fridge. The extra freezer space is especially welcome.

In general, the Bouge operated quite well. I used the large side a fridge set to 38°F, the small side as a freezer set to 10°F, and ran the unit is “eco” mode. I found the fridge displayed temp wandered between 32° and 40°F, and the freezer between 7° and 12°F. Nothing spoiled during almost four weeks of operation.

The unit operated from one of the truck’s 12V power ports while driving, from 120 Vac when we had shore power, and from the camper batteries when boondocking. It seemed to sip energy (as it should in the winter), but I don’t have any hard data. Our batteries and solar array provided all of the energy we needed for our three dry-camping and boondocking stops.

Overall, we’re quite happy with the unit and its performance. It’s not silent, but it is quiet, and it rides in the back of our crewcab.

Safe travels,    
Jim / crewzer

I conducted a shaded outdoor energy consumption test last month. With ambient temps ranging from the mid-60’s to the mid-80’s °F, the pre-cooled unit consumed 57% x 1152 Whr = 657 Whr over a 24 hr period for an average power rate of 27.4 W.

Impressive! 😎
Jim / crewzer

IMG_8274

IMG_8281

Attachments

Images (2)
  • IMG_8274
  • IMG_8281
Last edited by Crewzer

Add Reply

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024
Link copied to your clipboard.