Skip to main content

Reply to "Why you want the Honda EU2200i Companion"

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to share my experience. After buying my lance 2185, I bought the Honda 2200i and the 2200i companion generators so I could run the A/C. Then I decided I didn’t want to haul two generators, so I installed the Easy-Start, which works well with one Honda.  Then I decided to install the Multiplus 3000W inverter with 2 x 170 AH renogy lithium batteries along with 640 W of solar. I’d of saved my self a lot of time and money if I’d just gone direct to multiplus plus lithium batteries and just bought the eu2200i without companion. The multiplus can run the AC without  the EasyStart, alone, and indefinitely with only one eu2200i. Last, the multiplus 3kVA has a 120 A charger so I can minimize charging time when needed. I only wish my batteries could accommodate that rate. The newer renogy 200 AH lithiums can charge at a much higher rate. My recommendation is to go straight to Multiplus and lithium batteries with only one Honda eu2200i, not the companion or easy start.

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024