Skip to main content

Reply to "Why you want the Honda EU2200i Companion"

@Allendale posted:

I don't sell these, and Honda is not paying me for this (although they should!).

The venerable Honda Eu2000 is no more, replaced by the new EU2200i and EU2200i Companion.

The Companion model is more expensive, but it is the version you want for an RV.  It has two outputs, one a standard household receptacle, the other is a 30 amp outlet.  This is important as the standard household receptacle is limited to 15 amps.  For high amperage draws - like startup on an A/C unit, you can get something like 18 amps through the 30 amp connector.  This may well be the difference between the unit starting or not - particularly if there is any other electrical draw at the time.

More than that, if you are running high amperage currents through the 15 amp circuit for an extended time it will often overheat and shut down, even though you have not exceeded the rating.  Our shore power plug and the 30 amp outlet receptacle is not going to overheat at any output the stand alone generator is capable of producing.

They are noticeably quieter than the older 2000 as well.  Not dramatically so, but noticeably.

The receptacles are 20 amp. Page 12 of the manual.(or look at the plug-NEMA 20 amp ) No need for the companion unless you are paralleling  2 generators or like the twistlok  30 amp plug.

Attachments

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024