Skip to main content

Reply to "Why you want the Honda EU2200i Companion"

I am justifiably corrected for not being careful enough with my words.  It is certainly true that many people can use the 2200i, or even the older 2000i with no problems.  I hasten to add here that I did not intend to suggest that everyone using these other versions are doing so dangerously.  I probably DID convey that very message, however, but I did not intend to.

The important point is that the Companion offers a 30 amp outlet to mate to the 30 amp shore power plug on most, if not all Lance products.  Those plugs and outlet are capable of delivering the full 15 amp output (over 18 surge amps) without overheating and oxidizing the connecting plug.  If your sustained loads are 12 amps or less there will be no advantage to using the Companion version.

For myself, I have seen too many 15 amp plugs in high current draw applications that oxidized over time, began to draw heavier and heavier amperage, and in some cases melt down.  The ability to have a plug that will accept the full generator output when necessary without any strain is a very big thing for me.

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024