Skip to main content

Reply to "WeBoost (Wilson Electronics) Drive 4GM Cell Signal Booster"

Wow!!

This unit is literally priceless. I used it in the Pisgah national forest (Camping here: https://goo.gl/maps/5uNX8QPbxxH2 ) and the Ocala national forest recently. I had 0 bars on either phone in Pisgah [My wife has Verizon/ I have Google Fi]. Using the booster I had 4 bars, 3g with US Cellular (This is a Google FI Carrier). In the middle of the night we had a freak windstorm that luckily I was able to pull up radar for from my phone, so I knew exactly how bad it was going to be. I was only able to test the OTR antenna in this configuration. The stubby was mounted ontop of my truck and had 0 bars (But it was under the cabover, so obstructed).

Testing the different antennas, in the Ocala national forest, the base on T-Mobile (Google FI) was -107db. With the booster stock antenna mounted on a ground plane forward over my bed (outside), my signal was -90 db, with the OTR antenna mounted on the rear, my signal was -91 db. So the OTR/Stock in this case were the basically same.

Do I think the OTR was a good investment? For me? Yes. It allows for a semi-permanent installation that looks nice and I don't have to move the magnetic stubby around when I switch to my truck.

I now leave the stubby on my truck cab, and the other ontop of the camper.

Attachments

Images (3)
  • 2017-01-03 23.48.15
  • 2017-01-03 23.50.59
  • 2017-01-03 23.53.33
Last edited by TangoFox
Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024