Skip to main content

Reply to "WeBoost (Wilson Electronics) Drive 4GM Cell Signal Booster"

Big E posted:

Randy, that indicates that there is a weak signal available and the signal booster would most likely make a difference.  So here's what you do.  Get a booster, go back there and call me after it's set up.  Just make sure your GPS location setting on your phone is enabled before you call..........

My older Wilson amp still works great and makes a real difference in being able to get phone service and Internet.

On our previous TC I had the antenna mounted pemanently on the roof attached to the roof rack. Tree branch snags would break off the tiny ground plain antenna stub outs. With the new Lance 1172 I decided to keep the antenna portable and and I built a antenna mast out of PVC, 24" threaded sections, that I can erect in a few minutes and mount to the roof access ladder. I mount the antenna to the PVC mast and I then run the antenna coax through the dinette slideout rubber wiper seal into the interior of the camper and connect it to the amplifier which is powered from the Lance factory USB/12volt cigarette receptical. Mucho better setup with no antenna breakage to deal with.  

I would never want to be without the amplifier and antenna when in the boonies,  cus it's always good to get a call out in emergencies, the Internet access is just a convenience. 

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024