Skip to main content

Reply to "WeBoost (Wilson Electronics) Drive 4GM Cell Signal Booster"

Big E posted:

Doug, when you tried using the antenna on the roof was it placed on ferrous metal?

Yes, Erick.  I made from galvanized tin, a ground plane plate.   It holds the magnetic antenna.  It is about 14 inches in diameter and flat like a pizza pan.   It just sets whereever I want the antenna for the moment.

I have two ways of moving it about on the roof.  I open the escape hatch over the bed and set it somewhere I can reach, sometimes on the top of the air conditioner.   WIth no luck there, I climbed the ladder and tried it in back of the camper.  

Almost always, the escape hatch trick works as I've used it countless times in the past to call home when I was out on work assignments where I overnighted in my TC. 

In the case of the state park, nothing worked.  We were deep in valley walls, and in a curved cove on the lake..so we were blocked by terrain.    

I plugged the booster in the truck's power receptacle and started moving it about.  Picnic tables, etc...did nothing until I found that six inch spot on the hood.  

People walking by, seeing us sitting in our lawn chair talking on the phone, would get out their phones and start punching on them.....to no avail....and then walk on.  We'd LOL at them for they thought they had a hot spot.

My booster is old, but it saves the day many times.   Mine is not wireless.  It has a wire from the booster with a 'puck' that attaches to your phone temporarily with velcro.  It sticks to your phone near the phone's antenna.  You have to put a small, mating dot of velcro on your phone, or, as we do, just use a rubber band to hold it on the phone.

Last edited by Doug, aka Atchafalaya Man
Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024