Skip to main content

Reply to "VIAIR 88P Portable Air Compressor"

After our trip to Death Valley I decided it was time to replace my 30 year old compressor. It has served me well when called upon but didn't have the capability to inflate all four truck tires and therein was the problem.

When we tow we pump up the tires about 5 lbs over recommended pressure to accommodate the increased load. That works well on the pavement but when we went offroad with an empty truck, it made for a very harsh ride. I really wanted to deflate the tires but was concerned I wouldn't be able to inflate them back to where they needed to be for our trip home.

When we returned home, I did some research and settled on the Vlair 88p after reading all the reviews. It's small, quiet but seems to inflate much better than the 30 year old cigarette plug compressor it replaced. I've only been able to test it on a tire that was already inflated to 40 lbs and it pumped that tire up to 45 lbs in about 1 1/2 minutes. That should work well. It also comes with a much longer air hose and that was another selling point. Gotta be able to reach what needs inflating.

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024