Skip to main content

Reply to "Ultra-Fab Phoenix 4000 tongue jack"

I moved the grounding point to the frame per your example, and it still did not work.

My wife and I took the Lance to a music festival over Labor Day weekend, so I had to use the manual crank to hook and unhook the trailer. I found that it wasn't terrible if I used a breaker bar, even though because we use the Andersen hitch, you need to go up and down an extra time to tension the chains.

In what I hope is the final chapter of this story, I called the manufacturer and recounted my story to a service department rep. He sent me a replacement jack, and I made the switch yesterday. Before taking the old jack out, I hooked jumper cables up to it from my car battery. It did not work, to my relief.

The new Phoenix jack is in and working. My only concern is that the jack does not retract as far as I think it should - around 6" of the silver tube remains exposed when the jack is lowered all the way. I see a line of grease, however, at 2" above the end of the tube (4" farther down), so it seems that I must be able to retract it further for when we are on the road. I have not yet been able to figure that part out.

The bottom line was that the problem was with the jack and not with a poor ground. Thanks!

Chris

Hi Chris - Not sure if you ever straightened out the retraction issue on your jack. I was wondering if calibrating it might get it working correctly.
On the 3rd page of the instruction manual there is a section
"CALIBRATION METHOD TO SET TRAVEL LIMITS"
https://ultra-fab.com/wp-conte...RUCTIONS-r051519.pdf

Maybe that might help get it to fully retract?

Henry

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024