Skip to main content

Reply to "Trojan 30XHS 12-volt group 30 deep-cycle battery (130 AH)"

Hi Laura,

Sorry I missed this.  Been busy with fires in our area.  Evacuated with the trailer one night - dry camped in my sister-in-law's driveway & the battery was still at 96% in the morning with a lot of furnace & water pump use.  Been on high alert ever since ready to roll.  Driving back home brought the battery back to 100% & it is now plugged in to the house remaining fully charged.

Just taking a rare rest this week and got on LOA.  This will be short, but ask away for expanded answers & I'll reply deeper in a day or 2.

The battery is fantastic and packed with AH's!

It fits in a group 27 battery box.

I store our trailer without the battery & LP tank.  I store those in the garage between trips.

I have a Victron battery monitor.  You can find a link to it in my signature thread.

The shunt I install before a trip along with the battery.  It fits in the battery box with no issues.  The battery box lock keeps it all safe.

My Victron display I chose to mount inside the under-the-bed front storage area.  I am out there a lot while camping and I didn't want another display inside the living area of the trailer.  Again, Victron thread is in my signature thread.

If you want the same battery box & lock that I have check out the battery lock thread in my signature.

Here are 2 pictures that I just took.  Battery & shunt in the box locked up.  All we have to do is unplug the trailer & we can be rolling.

*Even though I wiped it off before the picture there is still ash on the box.

IMG_20171015_141649IMG_20171015_141703

Attachments

Images (2)
  • IMG_20171015_141649
  • IMG_20171015_141703
Last edited by Red Barchetta
Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024