Skip to main content

Reply to "Trickle charge batteries in storage"

There are several different solar chargers on the market That are typically 10 watt for one 100 amp hour battery. Whether it makes a difference if it is 6 volts or 12 volts, AMG or Lithium, I don't think it matters.

Because I have two 100 amp/hour AMG batteries, I selected the 20 watt solar panel. But the real advantage for this particular 20 watt solar panel was the preinstalled bracket That allowed me to adjust the angle of the solar panel. Further, it has a Built-in charge controller, and therein lies the compensator for different battery types and different battery Needs, in that the Solar panel continues to charge until the battery achieves 13.4 volts,  Then the charge controller stops to solar from overcharging the battery.

You might want to reach out to The technical assistance at go power, the manufacturer of most lance solar systems. But the technical assistance that was most helpful was from Renogy. The customer service folks post a question to the technical assistant, then you get a response in 2 to 3 days.

I hope this helps.

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024