Skip to main content

Reply to "Trailer-Aid "Plus" Tandem Tire Changing Ramp"

Brubie posted:

Perhaps I'm missing something since I haven't yet experienced a trailer flat, but for those of us who carry a set or two of lynx levelers, wouldn't those serve the same purpose of lifting the trailer in order to change a flat? I realize they may not be quite as easy to use as a trailer aid, but do I really have to purchase (and carry) a separate lift just for flats?

Image result for lynx levelers flat tire

I was thinking the same thing when I first saw a trailer aid. But I think the  concave rise is designed to give room for the other tire. Using the blocks creates a square/straight rise and the other tire might touch, especially as close as our tires ride on our Lances. I have to use 4 blocks high to level my trailer in my driveway, and when I back on them, the front tire drops down and touches the blocks, as the back tire is rising because of the independent suspension. But then maybe if you made the blocks short and steep they would work. But they might slide on the pavement also. The trailer aid has a base that grips the pavement.

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024