Skip to main content

Reply to "Torklift Lower StableLoads on a 2009 Chevy Silverado 1500 towing a Lance 1575"

170 mile test drive with no load and the StableLoads engaged -

We had to be down in the Oakland/Berkeley area yesterday so we took the truck as it was a perfect opportunity to drive the truck unloaded and the StableLoads engaged (Oakland has horrendous roads (especially the coliseum/arena/airport area)).
As I/we figured, the truck definitely rides stiffer.  It's not horrible, but you absolutely know when you're going over pot holes, speed bumps, etc...  Again not terrible, but also not the best ride so with engaging/disengaging the StableLoads taking only a mere few minutes there isn't any reason to keep them engaged full time.

The truck looked completely the same so I didn't bother to take pictures.

Here are a few measurements taken from the exact same flat/level parking spot -
- Unloaded, disengaged (stock):
1) Bottom of the draw bar assembly to the asphalt ground - 15 9/16"
2) Driver side "ceiling" of the interior wheel well to the top of the tire - 11 1/2"
3) Passenger side "ceiling" of the interior wheel well to the top of the tire - 11 1/2"

- Unloaded, engaged:
1) Bottom of the draw bar assembly to the asphalt ground - 15 7/8"
2) Driver side "ceiling" of the interior wheel well to the top of the tire - 11 13/16"
3) Passenger side "ceiling" of the interior wheel well to the top of the tire - 11 13/16"

Results no load, engaged:
As you can see from the measurements above, the rear end of our specific truck sits 5/16" higher with 3 wedges engaged.
The truck drove fine, just a bit stiff when going over bumps, etc...
If I had to I would drive the truck full time like this, but since there isn't any reason to I won't.

Next up - towing report in a week ...

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024