Skip to main content

Reply to "Torklift battery box initial review"

I installed mine late last week after returning from an 850 mile excursion with my 1985.

I agree with your review 100%, including the part that "I'm very happy with it".

I like it because everything goes into the box and there is plenty of room, and it only needs one function to unlock it versus undoing the box straps.  I purchased the box designed for two six volt batteries even though I'm running two group 24's.  I also replaced the locks (plural because I also own the propane lock system, which is also a good product).  I gave the original locks to my neighbor.

On the down side, I had to pull the lifting handles on the batteries after I got them installed in the box (hint: this is where a good old church-key works like a charm) so I could utilize the supplied straps to secure the batteries.

Also, TorkLift utilizes plasma cut technology to cut the parts for their products.  Nothing wrong with that but laser cutting or a punch-press produces a much cleaner and less ragged and more professional looking product.

That said, I hope the guys at Torklift make a boatload of dough and continue producing useful stuff.

Regardless whether you use this product  or the plastic boxes: GET YOURSELF WRENCHES WITH INSULATED HANDLES Apologies for shouting but you can really make some sparks if the wrench hits the aluminum rock guard on the front of the trailer. I wouldn't know about that move!

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024