Skip to main content

Reply to "Solo Stove Bonfire"

@Mitch5252 - nice little firepit you have there. I understand your fire timing predicament. I have that some thought this year and changed up my wood burning technique.

I've read in the Solostove FB group of people using wood pellets so I have it a try in my Bonfire. I love it! I'm on my second 40 lb bag of pellets. I build a small traditional wood fire and let it get going. Then i dump a few cups of pellets along side the fire. The pellets' smoke really throws the afterburner flames which is the real effect we're after IMO. I add a few cups when needed to keep the flames going for as long as I like.  Pellets/fire are much cheaper than bundled firewood/fire. When I'm ready to quit,  I stopped adding pellets and there's only a glow of embers in 10 minutes or so.

I'm now on my second 40 lb bag of pellets since I started shortly after RITV8. I estimate that I got 5 fires on 1 bag and 1 bundle. I have found pellets in Tractor Supply and the last time I saw pine pellets for ~ $5/40lb bag in their large animal bedding area. 20220227_183925

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 20220227_183925
Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024