Skip to main content

Reply to "Solo Stove Bonfire"

Les found this thread for me because I was telling him about my new Solo Stove "Campfire" (that's the model name). I travel alone and I LOVE a campfire...best part of camping for me! Anyway, in the past, by the time I get a regular wood campfire going good, I'm ready for bed - waste of wood and time!

Over the years, I've had a Little Red (propane) Campfire and a Flame Genie (built exactly like the Solo, except uses pellets). Little Red - on the heavier and bulky side and you have to schlepp an extra propane tank (heavy). Flame Genie - burns through pellets really fast; pellets are heavy; non-cooking pellets are difficult to find on the road.

Now I'm giving this Solo Stove Campfire a try - the largest of the stoves, but nowhere near close to the largest of the campfires. It weighs in at 2.2 lbs! It's meant to burn with twigs and sticks and leaves. I bought wood chunks online and the pic below was using 1 Weber fire starter cube, 2 fatwood sticks, and 2 pieces of chunk hardwood. So far, so good - perfect for me, as a Solo (pun intended) traveler! (the black thing is the Flame Genie). Happy Camper here in NW TN. Real World experience to follow!

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024