Skip to main content

Reply to "Solo Stove Bonfire"

It's the King of Combustion (I should register that as a trademark!) and once at operating temperature there's little smoke. Think about this, smoke = particulates. I sit around soooo many camp fires I see complete combustion as a health benefit! I'm not really joking about that either.

@TSR Campers posted:

Solo Stove keeps coming out with accessories.  I'm addicted.  Bonfire w stand, spark screen, now lid in December, now handle to pick it up in May.  What's next?  Doesn't matter, I'll buy it.

Ha! (i have three: 2 Bonfires and a Yukon for the yard!)

Nice example of how reviving an old thread can be a good thing. I had never heard of these until today and they look really great.

I am super tempted to buy one, but it seems like 9 times out of 10 there are fire restrictions in effect, certainly here in Arizona. I hate carting propane around for my thirsty gas firepit, but can’t justify taking another 20 lb accessory I can rarely use either.

Super jealous of that beautiful fire in the OP, though!

This is why I converted our travel Bonfire to dual fuel. We were in AZ and NM this winter so I added a propane ring to the Bonfire. To convert to propane I pop on the plate mounted double propane ring (a 12" and a 6") fed from under the plate. I drilled a hole thru the side of the Bonfire at the bottom and fed the metal tube out thru the hole. I feed it propane from a spare 20 lb bottle via a high pressure regulator. Used it all winter on our 2 month trip. It all fits in the original Bonfire carry bag.

SmartSelect_20210116-183206_Video Player

Attachments

Images (1)
  • SmartSelect_20210116-183206_Video Player
Last edited by VigII
Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024