Skip to main content

Reply to "Smarter Tools 2000iQ Generator"

So here's where we are...

1. I turkey basted out about 1/4 of the tank of gas before restarting to assure I wouldn't be overfull.

2. Played with the choke as directed here.

3. My husband tried starting the gen as I read him the directions (didn't want to miss a step!).

4. We pulled off the side panel to check if there was a spark plug in the gen (there was).

And nothing happened.  Just a little blub, blub, blub.

Completely emptied the gas tank (managed to get it the gas backinto our vehicle), packed up the gen and returned it to the closest Costco.  You folks are right: Costco has a very good return policy.  I had paid with MC (which they do not accept in stores).  They gave me cash back for the full price, including the shipping.

Looks like I will be saving money on not buying the cool spill-less gas can.  Will be waiting to see how the energy needs and use go in the TC.  I have some thoughts, not sure if any of them are viable (figure out where/how to put in an extra battery?  See if we can change out the 5 gal propane tank for a larger one?  May consider solar, either installed or portable? May see if an inverter - with the extra battery - is possible or necessary?).

Yes, I do tend to jump into the deep end, sometimes without looking.  The gen was a great idea, but it wouldn't start for us.  A sign, perhaps, that I should be trying different options?  Who knows, but thanks for all the great suggestions.  

Lee-Ann

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024