Skip to main content

Reply to "Smarter Tools 2000iQ Generator"

Originally Posted by Leemom3:

For those who specifically have the Smarter Tools 2000w gen...did you have trouble starting it up?  I just tried it out for the first time (at home).  We are not high altitude, so if that could make a difference, it doesn't here...it is brand new, just arrived from Costco yesterday (they don't carry it locally, so I had to order it).  Put in the oil and new gas as directed.  Followed the directions...yes, my son was helping me and we read the directions and did each step as indicated.  After many pulls, he - a 25 yo guy - finally got it started.  I was not able to at all.  While I'm no weight-lifter, I am also not a weakling.  We let it run just a couple of minutes, turned it off, then tried to restart after about another 2 mins.  No luck - for either of us.  Will it get better over time?  Also, it was not what I would call quiet, even by gen standards.  Will it quiet down after a bit of time?

Thanks,

Lee-Ann

First how did you shut the unit down after the initial test run, via the shut off switch or fuel shut off switch, or both. did you turn every thing back on, is there fuel in the tank?

I have had the unit prior to them coming out with the current model & normally it starts with 3 or 4 pulls even when the carb is run dry.

Sorry iam not much help.

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024