Skip to main content

Reply to "Smarter Tools 2000iQ Generator"

I have owned two of these since May 2014 and have used them several times boondocking.  On a recent trip in early September, it was 19 degrees one morning at 7800 ft altitude, and the generator started with 3 pulls and ran just as it should.  I bought 2 because I wanted to be able to run the A/C boondocking if I want to, and could not mount a larger 4000W generator that I had when I bought my 2014 2385 on this TT's rear bumper (too wimpy a bumper).  The two cost me less than one Honda or Yamaha with the same specs.  With a little modification to raise the shelf a couple of inches, both generators fit in the front storage compartment on the right side of my TT and they are light enough for me to lift and stow without too much trouble.  I did notice less power at this altitude; one would run the microwave, but it was pretty close to max load, whereas at lower altitude, one runs the microwave just fine.  As an aside, I am careful to avoid ethanol gas for them and all of the rest of my small engine equipment, as it tends to collect water more than non-ethanol gasoline.  So far, so good.

Brian

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024