Skip to main content

New Camping “Essential”: Bluetti AC180 Power Station

Our new Bluetti AC180 portable power station arrived yesterday. We plan to use it to power our TC’s microwave, slow cooker, portable fridge, and/or a backup electrical power source depending on needs or conditions while boondocking, and we can use it to fully recharge one of our eBikes (or both bikes to >65%).

It may also come in handy as a primary or secondary power source if I need to start using a CPAP machine. 😤. It should also be useful as a backup power source at home during a utility power outage.

I’d been thinking about adding a third 100 Ah battery to our camper as well as a 2 kW inverter, primarily to be able to occasionally run the microwave (rated at 1350 W). I couldn’t find accessible space (especially the non-painful kind) in our 855s, so this gizmo should solve the problem.

Key specs and features are 1152 Whr gross battery capacity, a 1.8 kW pure sine wave inverter, and a weight of ~35 lbs. It can be recharged from 120 Vac, a quality inverter, solar, or a vehicle power socket. There’s a wireless charging pad on top.

I’m running some tests and experiments, and will report back soon!

Safe travels,    
Jim / crewzer

IMG_8255

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_8255
Last edited by Crewzer
Original Post
Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024