Skip to main content

Reply to "Mopeka Pro Check Water Sensor"

@PeterPam posted:

Hi Dave,

I received my Mopeka sensor and the 6" boat hatch.  I'm ready to start the installation but wanted to verify the location you used. You said you installed it "13" from curbside" and "9" back from the rear."  The photo you posted seems to show the hatch on the street side of the tank drain elbow rather than on the curbside.  On my 1995 the tank drain points to the front of the trailer.  When you say "9" back from the rear do you mean 9" from the back of the tank towards the front of the trailer? Would moving it a little more towards the front of the trailer provide a little more clearance from the "lurking PVC pipe"?

The pictures and installation are of my 2019 2285 and orientation is as stated. I positioned it as close to the water pump dip tube as practical. The  FW tank is behind the rear axle. The pump is located curb side by the wheel well and the drain faces rearward.

I don't know your tt as well as you do. Do the same reasoning process backed up with the push probing of the tub over the fresh tank and proceed cautiously.

"When you say "9" back from the rear do you mean 9" from the back of the tank towards the front of the trailer?" Yes, I could have been clearer but my PA Dutch dialect (really PA Deutch, they didn't state that correctly either!) is showing itself!

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024