Skip to main content

Reply to "Midland Weather Alert Radio"

So...I finished programming the 120EZ.  I tuned it to El Paso County, Colorado, where we live.  I set it to give warnings for high winds, violent storms, tornadoes, flash floods,  fires, and wild fires since we get plenty of those.  I turned off the alerts for coastal storms, hurricanes, and coastal tide warnings since I haven't seen many of those in Colorado.  I opted for the three minute voice warning, which is preceded by 8 seconds of alert tone.  Doug is right, the alert tone is rather loud.  I have the option of turning off the alert tone and just receiving a text alert display.  For now, I'm opting to leave the alert tone on to see how it sounds when we get an actual warning.  My wife and I both have hearing losses so that may be of advantage to us.  I adjusted the voice warning volume to an acceptable level.  When we take the120EZ on the road with us I may also try the alarm clock it has built-in.

Now...we're just waiting to here it work.  Sometime after that, I'll come back with an update.

Don

Last edited by DandV
Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024