Skip to main content

Reply to "MicroAir EasyTouch 352 RV Thermostat"

@fpmtngal posted:

MicroAir does make thermostats for RVs with zone systems.  I didn’t look at them or their instructions enough to know if you could adapt one of them to do something custom, like having a separate temp sensor in the basement and use the thermostat to respond for it as well as the living area.

My plan at the moment is to run the main furnace when the temps go down to around freezing.  That’s what I always did with the 1685 and never had issues (but then I’m rarely somewhere that it gets below 30°F).  I’m treating the electric heat the same way that I did when I used the space heater, which is essentially what it is.  It’s just bigger and uses more electricity.

I believe where you're at, electric is still as cheap or cheaper than propane heat.  Certainly more convenient.

It's too bad TT didn't come with quiet series heat pump installed.  Where you have moderate low temperatures and metered electric, it would've worked well.

I had upgraded to NDQ on old camper, I figuring on moving it to new camper, I ordered.  I'm trying to decide, if I want to move it or not.  After two years, it's unlikely, I'll swap it, before this one fails.

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024