Skip to main content

Reply to "MicroAir EasyTouch 352 RV Thermostat"

@fpmtngal posted:

A couple of interesting things I noticed this morning when my schedule went into motion (changed the heat temperature).  The Coleman-Mach air conditioner, as set up with the AirXcel thermostat, will only run the fan on low when using the heat strip.  The MicroAir separates the fan operation from the mode it’s in, so when I had the fan setting set to full auto, the system kicked up the AC fan up to high when the heat came on (the thermostat differential was 4°F).  I went back and changed the fan speed to auto low, so the fan would come on with the heat but only on low.  I think it’s interesting way to go about it and something to bear in mind/a setting to check when doing heat settings.  With the OEM thermostat it was a simple thing.

Another thing about the operation with the Coleman-Mach AC with heat strip - OEM set-up is that if the temperature differential (ambient air temp to set temp) is greater than 5°, both the heat strip and the main furnace come on.  The only way to avoid the furnace coming on is to set the thermostat no more than 5° higher.  If you want 10° then you would have to wait until the air reached the first setting, then raise it again.  You can turn that feature off, so the furnace doesn’t come on unless you have it set to furnace.

At first I thought that I’d leave it off, but the heat strip is somewhat limited as far as heat output - it’s not the most efficient way of heating the trailer.  The furnace, on the other hand, does a great job quickly.  So if I want to warm it more than 5°, I’m more than likely going to want the extra heating to get the chill out quickly.  So I’m leaving it turned on.

Would the heat pump unit, work with this thermostat or only heat strip?  The heat strip (resistance) is the least efficient or the two.

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024