Skip to main content

Reply to "MicroAir EasyTouch 352 RV Thermostat"

@fpmtngal posted:

To clarify about the WiFi capabilities:

The thermostat has to talk to a WiFi router to be able to use remotely, a source that has to stay in the trailer.  To talk to it you can use a device connected to the internet - it doesn’t have to be the same network.  So I can have the thermostat connected to my Starlink router and my phone could access it with cellular data through the app.  Or if you were at the library using their wifi and your thermostat was connected to Starlink, then you could change the settings through WiFi.

The big key is that the thermostat and the phone have to be connected to the internet some way - whether it be cellular, a park’s wifi, cable internet or Starlink.  They don’t have to be connected to the same network, just to the internet (the nice thing about the WiFi capabilities).  All “conversation” between the phone and the thermostat is done through the app.

I actually have three possible ways to connect the thermostat to the internet when I’m in Apache Junction:  

I have a cellular hot spot with T-Mobile that I rarely use (it isn’t unlimited data). Its battery isn’t the greatest either, but it’s come in useful occasionally so I haven’t canceled it (I used it a lot more before I got Starlink).

I have Starlink, which is unlimited data.

My park doesn’t have WiFi - they have cable internet.  So I have a cable modem and a separate WiFi router.

For other parks there would be an additional option of the park’s WiFi network.

If you don’t have a semi-permanent internet connection/wifi option, you would have to change the thermostat’s wifi settings every time you got somewhere new (like using a park’s WiFi network).  That could be annoying to me - I’m glad I have Starlink.

This year Starlink hasn’t been subject to the congestion problems I had last year, so I’ve been leaving it up when I’m here, even though I’m streaming all my TV with the cable modem.  Having it up all the time means that I can access either the Cerbo or the thermostat wherever I am.

Thanks that makes sense, to me.  Being able to access it, via hotspot, could be useful.

When I had T mobile hotspot, it was for "home" use and "booster" had gps.  Do you use yours, on the road, or just at park?

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024