Skip to main content

Reply to "MicroAir EasyTouch 352 RV Thermostat"

@RobertMT posted:

That's more understandable, than way I put it.  But is router, acting as wifi booster/extender or is phone connecting through internet?  300ft range is pretty limited, for my intended use.

I've only had one host and couple campers, complain about my leaving AC running, while gone for day.  Breaker was off once, when I returned, I wasn't impressed.  I also had someone unplug boat charger.  Of course nobody knew anything about either.

Phone connects through the internet.  For my test I had WiFi turned off on the phone, so it was accessing the thermostat on the internet, using cell minutes.

In your case, you could leave the AC off then when you were getting close to going back, you could turn it back on.  That would work with Starlink running all the time for internet purposes for the thermostat and your cell phone having cell service.

I have a fairly big battery bank and solar set-up, so I could potentially leave the inverter on all day, Starlink running for both the Cerbo and the thermostat, then turn on the AC about a half hour before I got back.  I’ve run my AC for over an hour and while it took a big hit for my battery bank (the fridge was on electric at the same time), I would have had enough power to get through the night, as long as the AC was turned off as soon as I got back.

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024