Skip to main content

Reply to "Lithium battery worth it?"

I agree with Randy - how often are you going to be camping without shore power?  That’s the primary question to be answered when deciding between lead acid and lithium.

There’s another part of the equation when it comes to replacing a dead battery - why did the original battery die?  There are all sorts of reasons why batteries die and it would be helpful to know how yours died, before deciding what type of battery to buy.  I went back and saw that you are new owners of a 2020 1475, so you might not know how the previous owner treated the battery, and it’s very possible something they did (or did not do) might have caused the failure.  But there’s also reasons for batteries to die that may need to be addressed before/during the time you are changing batteries.

If money is no object, then lithium is a great way to go.  If you are going to need extra battery power, then lithium would be a good answer.  If weight is an issue, which it is with a 1475, then lithium could be the best choice (they are lighter per Ah compared to lead acid), even if your dry camping is going to be limited.

I just upgraded to lithium, and added an inverter/charger.  Very happy with the change and should have done it a year or two ago.

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024