Skip to main content

Reply to "IRVWPC - Intelligent RV Water Pump Controller"

I've just installed the IRVWPC, and I'm pretty happy. It was really easy to install. The package includes all the water connections you're likely to want, and they install almost tool-free. The electrical connections can be done with crimped connectors, or with Wago connectors. I did have one problem, and it wasn't with the IRVWPC, but with the pump. For some reason, the pumps pressure switch as set very low, to the point that the adjustment screw had jumped out of the threads. It took me several turns of not getting any change before I realized I had to push it in to get it to engage the threads. After that a bit of tweaking the pump switch pressure and the controller pressure setting. I may eventually go back and reset everything with a pressure gauge, rather than blindly adjusting till it works.

My only complaint is that there isn't a fault code list in the manual. After I connected everything it still pulsed. It was a while before I saw that the fault was pulsing 7 times then pausing, then starting again. If there was a fault code list I would have saved a bit of time. But it wasn't too hard to figure out that the original pump switch was cutting out long before the controller could do anything.

Noise before was pulsing 40 to about 43, measured with phone app. Steady 38 after, with a background not much lower than that. That is measured at gut level standing at the sink.

After installation (but before tidying up wires).

It's noticeably quieter, and it works smoothly from low flow to high flow. I expect it will also take care of the hot-cold-hot-cold pulsing in the shower. Note that I also tilted the pump slightly to get the inlet hose to stop touching the wall to the left. That might have had a small effect on the noise.

I can try to upload the video files, but not tonight.

Attachments

Images (2)
  • mceclip0
  • mceclip1
Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024