Skip to main content

Reply to "IRVWPC - Intelligent RV Water Pump Controller"

I installed one of these the other day.  Got the camper out of winter storage and installed it prior to sanitizing the system.  Here's my findings and notes:

- It was a PITA to install.  But only because of where my water pump was located and how tight it was for space.  Other than the tight area and interference, installation was a breeze and they provided everything needed except for tools.

- Be sure to have a magnifying glass around to see the tiny dip switches and to set them properly.  I may or may not have had to use one...   ðŸ™„

- Be sure to set it for a tankless or tank water heater based on your rig.  The overall programming is a bit of a pain and you have to follow the steps carefully, but there are YouTube videos to help as well as instructions.  I found the videos most helpful.

- I was going to install an accumulator tank with silencing kit, but after researching this, I decided to try it.  Ultimately, it isn't that much more money than an accumulator tank and a silencing kit, and I liked the idea of some of the other features it provided such as the timers to prevent the pump from running too long (in the event of a leak), run dry prevention, and over cycling.

- It makes a HUGE difference on sound.  It will not make your pump dead silent, but it prevents the water hammer, the pulsing, and most of the cycling.  It really did make a huge difference.  I was impressed, and that ain't easy.

- It did not stop the cycling completely.  The pump still cycles when a faucet is on a very low trickle, but it is less often and less noticeable.

- I did not purchase this for any energy savings.  Jared Gillis claimed that it saved about 0.5 amps so that may interest you, but I did not buy and install for power savings.

- It's a simple piece of technology and technology is great until it fails.  But if I needed to remove it from the system in the middle of a trip I could do so fairly easy with minimal tools.

- I haven't used it for very long, but for me I'd call this a winner for the results in performance, price, and time to install.  But long term will tell more of the story.

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024