Skip to main content

Reply to "IRVWPC - Intelligent RV Water Pump Controller"

I'm no expert but I'm not sure I fully agree with all the claims (watched the how it works video).  I don't think electric motors delta efficiency is similar to an automotive engine going back and forth between idle to full peddle ... I would not expect the dry camping electrical power consumption to change much if at all.  And I don't agree with the pressure accumulator comments.  Sure the plumbing pressure will still cycle but not rapidly (like having no accumulator).  The noise issue, I agree with them on that one.  However, I pretty much solved that one by:
1) Finding the places that the pipes were pounding on other things and wrapping them with pipe insulation... an almost free solution. Made a huge difference.
2) Replacing the OEM pump with a better one (not a free solution). I was actually pleasantly surprised at how much more quiet the new pump is.
3) Adding a pressure accumulator (not a free solution).  This doesn't make it quieter, but is does radically reduce the run time.

In the end, I still hear the pump, but to me it is pretty quiet and I find it better than acceptable ... no need for more gizmos.

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024