Skip to main content

Reply to "Good Sam RV GPS"

Originally Posted by Timsr:

We've used our Good Sam GPS (5" one) for almost a year now and it does a really nice job.  I have a question someone here may have an answer for: The free maps forever thing is nice, even if it is only once a year.  I recently hooked mine up to my computer through the "Dock" and it said a map update was available and I'd need a MicroSD card, 8 GB or better, to get it.

So I bought the card ($12.95), stuck it in the side when the dock software told me to, it downloaded files totalling over 4 GB, unpacked them and loaded them into my GPS.  My issue is that I can't see any results of my big download, though I haven't gone anywhere.  Firing up the unit and looking at where I am now doesn't look any different.  Does anyone know what happened?

Timsr,

I download updates every month.  I don't usually detect graphic changes.  There is a feature, however, in "Dock" where I can see a list of the files that were downloaded/updated.  I'm travelling on business right now so not able to look at our GPS directly.

Don

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024