Skip to main content

Reply to "FlameKing 1 LB Refillable Kit"

@RobertMT posted:

@RobertMT, you certainly can use the adapter hose as described. For a Mr Buddy Heater, it's not as easy as you might think or such a good idea.

We used our buddy heater extensively during our past winter trip. We have a Truma, of course, for our 1575's furnace.

We used the buddy heater for:
Mr. Buddy heater

• When getting out of the shower. It nice to have something to warm up to when your thermostat is set at 65° F.
  • To warm our coach up faster on a cold morning.
  • To warm up frozen hands. We had temps as low as 12°F in Bryce NP on our recent southern Utah winter trip. Our Buddy received much use.

Having a one-pound propane bottle attached to our Buddy heater makes it very portable. We can put it anywhere on the floor. We can even take it outside. Using the adapter hose creates some problems:

• You will need to have your 5, 10, or 20 pound bulk propane bottle inside your coach.
  • You have lost the easy portability of your Buddy if you have it tethered to a hose, Also, you must hook up a Buddy filter between the hose and the Buddy Heater.
  • The oils pulled out of most hoses will ruin the Buddy's heating element. Buddy claims to have their own branded hose that doesn't require the filter. My local propane dealer tells me that they still repair Buddies using the Mr Heater proprietary hose. Best to use the filter with any hose.

Buddy filterBuddy proprietary hose

Sure, use any standard adapter hose from your propane bottle to your stove's brass adapter or BBQ. I might mention that Camp Chef make an adapter hose that threads directly in most stoves' threaded fitting. No more brass adapter. The regulator is on the tank's end of the adapter hose. The only problem is that it appears to be almost permanently out of stock.

Attachments

Images (3)
  • Mr. Buddy heater
  • Buddy filter
  • Buddy proprietary hose
Last edited by Lancer18
Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024