Skip to main content

Reply to "Edge Insight CS"

Originally Posted by bens170:

Socal traveler,

I gather your truck has the def installed? I heard that the conversion for the big rigs run about 20K. How does your truck run with the def? I am looking into the Edge monitor for our truck.

Ben

So far so good with the DEF system. There has been lots of talk with systems errors i.e. poor DEF fluid, bad DEF injector, the list goes on. The other problem is, DEF has a shelf life of about a year and is prone to going bad with either shelf life or heat in excess of (I think) 100 degrees. 

Another thing about the DEF systems, it creates lots of heat during regen, I seen temps in the 1100 degree range on my EGT 1. The system is also very restrictive, the exhaust is a 4 1/2 inch pipe but it also has a CAT plus the SRC plus the DPF. If you continue to shut off the vehicle during regen you might get (keep driving DPF not complete) I haven't seen this yet as my 2013 isn't a daily driver.

Another note, during regen diesel fluid is injected into the SRC to help burn of the soot hence the 1100 degree temps and poor milage at the time of regen. 

Once my 2013 is out of warranty, all that stuff is going bye bye but not throwing it out in the trash because of the value of it.

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024