Skip to main content

Reply to "Clam Six Pack 1660 Mag Screen Tent (or the Worlds easiest/fastest screen room)"

Last summer, we hooked up with the Red Barchetta clan for a fun filled campout. The skeeters, while not overly excessive, were enough for all to be looking for some relief and since I don't do repellant sprays unless absolutely driven insane, when Jeff pulled out his Clam, it was a welcome relief. The shelter was large enough to comfortably seat 5 adults and two dogs and we were able to sip our wine without having to whine about the bugs.

Viv & I have been himmin and hawin about whether to get one of these cool shelters ever since but just haven't pulled the trigger for a couple reasons.......collapsed size and weight being front and center.

This morning I was perusing my emails and happened upon a similarly functioning shelter, albeit smaller. It's much less expensive, lightweight and folds up into a 31" disc. I have a couple "pop-up" tents, one of which Jeff used at the factory tour rally back in 2014 so I am familiar with the concept. I ordered one to see if it will fit the bill and if not, it's easy to return it to the Costco warehouse.....no questions asked.

https://www.costco.com/.produc...C_2017_0408_Backyard

My apologies to Jeff for hijacking his Clam thread but felt it might be of interest to some. After all, gettin some relief from the bugs is really what this thread is about.....right? 

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024